Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 24, 2013
8:51:35 AM
View profile
Email setup for ATT.net account

Can someone tell me the email settings for an ATT.net account setup on an HTC OneX android phone? It doesn't seem to recognize my user/pass. Please provide all the field settings. Thanks.

Can someone tell me the email settings for an ATT.net account setup on an HTC OneX android phone? It doesn't seem to recognize my user/pass. Please provide all the field settings. Thanks.

Email setup for ATT.net account

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 8:36:52 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

jlanderwehr,

Here are a few links that will hopefully be of some help. If you can sign in on your PC with your email address, (username@________) and password, it will be the same on your device.

Set up email on my wireless device

Email setup and use

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jlanderwehr,

Here are a few links that will hopefully be of some help. If you can sign in on your PC with your email address, (username@________) and password, it will be the same on your device.

Set up email on my wireless device

Email setup and use

James

Re: Email setup for ATT.net account

2 of 3 (12,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 8:57:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

ATT_James,

Thanks for your help. I was able to set it up at home, but used an entirely diffferent set of parameters (based on my daughter's phone (same model). I used:

Protocol: IMAP

Incoming: htc.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Security: SSL

Port: 993

My question is, which of these is correct? Mine or the one your link suggests? It seems to be working now, but at work, it was not authenticating. I had to re-add it once I was on my home's wifi. I think there's some issue with trying to set it up anywhere but there. Could that be?

Thanks again. Jim

ATT_James,

Thanks for your help. I was able to set it up at home, but used an entirely diffferent set of parameters (based on my daughter's phone (same model). I used:

Protocol: IMAP

Incoming: htc.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Security: SSL

Port: 993

My question is, which of these is correct? Mine or the one your link suggests? It seems to be working now, but at work, it was not authenticating. I had to re-add it once I was on my home's wifi. I think there's some issue with trying to set it up anywhere but there. Could that be?

Thanks again. Jim

Re: Email setup for ATT.net account

3 of 3 (12,002 Views)