The Samsung Galaxy S24
MT073's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 2:48 AM

Email "Delete All" in GINGERBREAD

What happened to the Delete All feature (from "Trash" folder) in the Email program in Gingerbread?  What ever the firmware was before offered that feature but now it is gone.  Real pain in the rear to delete "deleted" (Inbox) emails unless you do it daily... in which case why not just offer "Permanently Delete?" option when deleting from Inbox, Sent, etc.?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@MT073 wrote:

What happened to the Delete All feature (from "Trash" folder) in the Email program in Gingerbread?  What ever the firmware was before offered that feature but now it is gone.  Real pain in the rear to delete "deleted" (Inbox) emails unless you do it daily... in which case why not just offer "Permanently Delete?" option when deleting from Inbox, Sent, etc.?

What phone do you have that offered the "Delete all" function?

I have an HTC Inspire that had Gingerbread before I rooted it and put ICS ROM on it. It never had that ability and I've never seen or heard of a cell phone with that ability. Don't get me wrong, I would dearly love to have that ability. No stock email nor Gmail offers that function on cell phones.

Let me know.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Samsung InFuse; bought July 2011.  Whatever firmware was on there before allowed "Delete All" from email.  Maybe it was from Inbox to Trash and not from permanently from Trash.  I could be incorrect, but when I updated to Gingerbread I distinctly remember it being different than the prior version.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.