For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Privetfla's profile

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

Sunday, September 9th, 2018 1:55 PM

Emai notifications

I have a samsung android S7. I want to see my icon badges, but do not want to hear my notifications. If i turn off notificatiins, it also turns off my icon badges. How can i accomplish both seeing the icon badges only, but not hearing rhe notifications. I want to see, but not hear. Is this possible?

Thanks, Marlene

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, you should be able to turn off the sound for notifications. When you go to Settings -> Sounds and Vibration -> Notification sounds then scroll the list of sounds to the very top you should see the option for "Silent". (I checked this on an S7 running Android 8.0, if you have a different version your options may be slightly different).

P.S. If you're looking to silence notifications only for the email app, then go to your email app and look for Notifications settings specific for the app. Most apps allow to turn the sound off for the notifications.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Yes.  The expectation is they will keep features or combine with gmail.  Not the first time an app went away, only to be rolled into a new app with similar features. 

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks!

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, i did that, but it also turned off my icon badges at the same time. I want to keep the icon badge function while silencing the notifications. Is that possible?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Hmm, I was under the impression that it would only affect the sound. Time for a little hack then: download an actual ringtone that doesn't make a sound and assign it as the notification sound: https://ia800206.us.archive.org/16/items/SilentRingtone/silence_64kb.mp3, hopefuly the phone won't realize that.

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

Thatss a great download to have and thanks for it. BUT turns out thst you can only turn sound on and off. You cannot change the sound from the google default. There is no option to change the sound.  I checkec in the gmail feedback. Others have asked to change the sound in the app only, but it is not an option like in other apps. They should fix this. So either i have sound with badges or no sound with no badges. These 2 functions go together. You cant have one without the other it seems. Well, unless you have any other suggestions, i appreciate your trying to help me. Thanks!😁

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

Howevet i did find in settings/app/email, an option for no sound on new emails. I turned this on, but i still get the sound. Arrghh... thanks

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

In my email app setting, i changed the notification option to "no sound". I still get sound. This new samsung uodate i just got is awful.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry to hear that 😞 I don't have any more ideas but perhaps someone else who has more experience with Samsung devices might. @GLIMMERMAN76 , @lizdance40 — any suggestions?

Scholar

• 

285 Messages

6 years ago

I hope someone else does, but thanks for trying. 😋

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.