Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 1, 2012
9:50:39 AM
View profile
Download speed issue- Samsung GS2
My download speeds have gone down the tube in the last few days. I had speeds of 5-7 mbps download, but now average about 300 kbps. The upload speeds are unchanged if not slightly faster. The problem is not due to bad signal strength because I have the same issue everywhere. If somebody could please help me with this situation, it would be most appreciated.
Thanks
My download speeds have gone down the tube in the last few days. I had speeds of 5-7 mbps download, but now average about 300 kbps. The upload speeds are unchanged if not slightly faster. The problem is not due to bad signal strength because I have the same issue everywhere. If somebody could please help me with this situation, it would be most appreciated.
Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 1, 2012 11:51:10 PM
(0)
Employee
Yup you're being throttles until the start of your next bill cycle. Speeds will decrease after 3GB on not LTE phones during the bill cycle
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Download speed issue- Samsung GS2

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 10:31:38 AM
(0)
Employee
Probably throttled. Are you on unlimited data and have you used more than 3 GB?
Probably throttled. Are you on unlimited data and have you used more than 3 GB?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Download speed issue- Samsung GS2

2 of 5 (1,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 10:37:08 AM
(0)
Contributor
Yes I have. I'm at 3.25
Yes I have. I'm at 3.25

3 of 5 (1,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 1, 2012 11:51:10 PM
(0)
Employee
Yup you're being throttles until the start of your next bill cycle. Speeds will decrease after 3GB on not LTE phones during the bill cycle

4 of 5 (1,128 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 10:44:26 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Apr 2, 2012 at 10:45:08 AM

300kbps is pretty good for throttled speed. It used to be < 100kbps. Heck, my unthrottled speed often is lower than 300kbps.

New throttle policy from AT&T: 3GB for non-LTE phones, 5GB for LTE phones.

300kbps is pretty good for throttled speed. It used to be < 100kbps. Heck, my unthrottled speed often is lower than 300kbps.

New throttle policy from AT&T: 3GB for non-LTE phones, 5GB for LTE phones.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (1,111 Views)