The Samsung Galaxy S24
BMan17's profile

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 8:17 PM

Do you need a different SIM Card to unlock your phone?

I have my code to unlock my phone (Infuse 4G), and instructions from ATT Customer Care said that I will need to insert a different carrier SIM Card so that the unlock screen comes up to enter the code.

Well, I don't have another carrier SIM Card, and want to unlock the phone so that I can sell it for anyone to use on any carrier.

Is there another way to unlock with out using the non-ATT SIM Card?

Thanks!

BMan

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

@BMan17 wrote:

@foxbat121 wrote:

It should work. You don't have to have a working SIM. As long as it is not an AT&T SIM, it will ask you for unlock code first thing the phone boots up.

Also beware, sometimes AT&T gives out wrong unlock code. You have a limited retries (5 times IIRC) before your phone permanently locked to AT&T.

Thansk Foxbat, I posted same time as you.

I saw that 5 retries warning on another post. So I'll be careful on that....

Well, that was easy.

I actually rememebered that I have an old Blackberry 7100t sitting in my desk from when I was with TMobile. Popped the TMobile SIM Card in, asked for the unlock code, and bingo, accepted.

Then I got the "SIm Card not provisioned MM*2" Which is fine cause at that point it doesn't matter.

So good call Foxbat, it worked.

Now I assume then that I don't have to put the unlock code in anymore? I did it once and now the phone is free to be used on any carrier at any time? 

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Once unlocked forever unlocked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Is a new gophone sim card considered "non AT&T"?  Can I unlock my AT&T phone with a inactive gophone sim? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I can recommend the site I used personally, namely the following one: http://sim-unlock.net . The whole process is automatic, so you'll receive you unlock code in no time. Due to detailed instructions and skillful staff I was able to unlock my phone in seconds. I came across the site when I was wading through reviews, of course the verified ones: https://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=sim-unlock.net

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Does anyone know just exactly how long it takes At&T to un-lock a phone? I bought my contracts out 2 weeks ago and they have been dancing me around with every excuse in the book to stall me into the next pay period. Claiming an unlock request email has expired .... even though I just submitted it 1 hr ago, with their claims to respond soon or the request expires withing 24hrs...what happened in the last hour? humph   Then I go into my account to check on unlock status, I  get service error. I have submitted over 6 unlock requests in 12 days, got case #'s 5 days ago, was told yesterday I would have a decision/response by end of day March 6th.......still nothing. I'm trying to get my phones unlocked to switch companies and keep my same phone numbers...I'm getting pretty fed up with this baloney...I was even told I was submitting the wrong account info? After 18yrs I think I darn well know what my information is......this is angering me to know end...any advice? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I posted this on the forum, where it got 0 replies.  I contacted @ATT, where they left me hanging while they investigated.  It's been over 20 hours with no response.  You sound like you actually know what you're talking about, and I hope you'll help me.

Was given my unlock code. After replacing the AT&T sim with a T-Mobile (from 2014, a prepaid windows phone), I restarted the phone. "invalid Sim card. Network locked" was the first message. Then "unable to download", even though I never attempted to download. No place to enter unlock code appeared. Started seeing the splash screen which took over all functions. It said "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." The only way to get rid of this screen was to click on the "ok" at the bottom of this screen. Found instructions on Google for finding the unlock screen, and entered #7465625*638*# on the keypad. Every 5 seconds I had to stop entering the #'s to click on the ok for the "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." screen, which kept taking over. The screen with the space to enter the unlock code appeared, black, with "Personalization" at the top of this screen. But the splash screen with "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." kept taking over before I could enter the unlock code. Remember, every 5 seconds? Clicking on the ok to make this screen temporarily go away left me with a blank "Personalization" screen. Clicking on that made the screen to enter the unlock code reappear, but then the "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped." reappeared and took over. This repeats, and the unlock screen was never visible long enough to enter the code!

I had been wondering whether the actual sim itself was the problem, because it's old and hasn't been used in years.  But you said old doesn't matter.  Can you think of what might be the problem, and how to correct it?  Thanks!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

5 years ago

The code #7465625*638*# to get the unlock screen is for Samsung phones only. LG has a different code which is tie to the model number of the phone. I don't know if other brands have a key in code to get the unlock screen in lieu of the 3rd party sim card.

6 Messages

8 months ago

I need to buy a large number of unlocked ATT versions of IPhone14Pro Max.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.