Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Do you have to use a sim card enabled phone

Contributor

Do you have to use a sim card enabled phone

I purchased an unlocked android that is supposed to be comparable for at&t. I have prepaid at&t with a sim card but the new android does not have a place for a sim card. Can I use my prepaid at&t with this phone? If so how do I transfer number to new phone without sin card.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Do you have to use a sim card enabled phone

If the phone does not have a SIM card slot, it can’t possibly be compatible with ATT. You can’t get service from ATT without a SIM card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

@Christian1

It is highly unlikely there is no sim slot.  What phone is this?  

Some phones have removable backs.  It may not be apparent the back is easily removed.  

Newer phones have a ‘sim drawer’ that can be popped out with a straighter paper clip. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks for response. Its a moto G6 plus...looks like it takes a nano card in top. Do I need to go to at&t store to have them swap my sim card out?

Guess I should have checked before purchasing phone online.

Be blessed

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Professor (ACE - Professor)
Accepted by adidaskid808
‎09-08-2018 8:31 AM

@Christian1 You do not need to go to a store unless you need a new nano sim. You can swap the SIM card yourself.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Professor (ACE - Professor)
Accepted by adidaskid808
‎09-08-2018 8:30 AM

Your phone should have come with a sim ejector tool.  It uses a nano sim.  You can eject the sim drawer and swap the sim from your previous phone.  If your old sim was a larger size you can get a replacement at an ATT store.  

I usually set up my phone first, then swap the sim.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support