The Samsung Galaxy S24
omrebel's profile

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 4:32 PM

Do reps from AT&T actually read these forums?

One thing I'm curious about is the complete lack of feedback that I see on these forums from anyone at AT&T. Why does AT&T ignore users?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

There are some Community Managers and Mods here that most definitely do read these boards...however this is a peer to peer forum. The Mods are here to see that everyone follows the guidelines and that we all play well together. The Community Managers are here to help should anyone need assistance with certain issues. 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

As indicated, this forum is primarly meant for users to pass on information and help each other.  Its not an AT&T tech support tool.  There has been some participation by Community Managers to resolve some tech support or customer service type issues, but its really just a bonus, and responses by AT&T employess shouldn't be expected.  Until fairly recently, there was virtually no participation by AT&T, except moderating (removing inappropraate posts, etc.).  So AT&T involvement is actually more now, than previously.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Is there a concern that you had that you want help with?

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

"Is there a concern that you had that you want help with?"

Kind of a silly question isn't it? Do you think people come to post on this forum to talk about how wonderful their phones are and how they love AT&T customer care and service?

Others, like myself are having real issues with phones like Galaxy S2 "sleep of death" issue which by the number of people complaining, is indeed a real problem. Why does AT&T supply a forum? So they can continue to ignore the complaints by paying customers? Any company that purports to care about their customers, would have a CS rep monitoring the boards and perhaps checking that some of these issues are serious quality problems and need to be rectified before people like myself, who have been an AT&T customer for many years, jumps ship.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

In light of the fact that AT&T won't acknowledge any problems or take responsibility for buggy updates, I think people need to:

1.) send an email to "tips@consumerist.com" and let them know about your experience here and with AT&T support.

2.) contact the Better Business Bureau online and give them your experience.

3.) Use Twitter and Facebook to promote your experience. If AT&T should actually help you, let people know that also.

4.) Word of mouth. Let people know about your wonderful experience on this forum and AT&T in general. Don't use f-bombs.

5.) Write to Leo Laporte, Tom Merrit at TWIT or Dan Benjamin at 5by5 or anyone else running podcasts. Let them know!!!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@doctorwhen wrote:

Kind of a silly question isn't it?

From the top post, it was unclear whether they were looking for help on a specific issue (since none was mentioned), or just complaining to complain.  That is why he asked.  So no, it wasn't a silly question at all.

@doctorwhen wrote:

So tell us 21stlow, how you are equipped to help?... we would be curious about your level of expertise and how it may apply to this S2 "sleep of death" (see other posts highlighting this issue)

Why be so negative and rude?  Is it really so inconceivable that other users may actually be able to help you?  There are those of us here that have helped others through a great many issues.  Go look up XDA Developers, and you will see an entire community of thousands of people, none of which are paid to be there, with far more expertise than any AT&T tech support can ever hope to provide.  This forum is along those lines.  Not quite as technical as XDA, as many questions that pop up here trend towards general help, FAQ type topics.  But there are some very knowledgable people here.
As I've already mentioned, this was never meant to be an AT&T run tech support forum. They have other avenues for getting tech support.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@doctorwhen wrote:

Kind of a silly question isn't it? Do you think people come to post on this forum to talk about how wonderful their phones are and how they love AT&T customer care and service?

Others, like myself are having real issues with phones like Galaxy S2 "sleep of death" issue which by the number of people complaining, is indeed a real problem. Why does AT&T supply a forum? So they can continue to ignore the complaints by paying customers? Any company that purports to care about their customers, would have a CS rep monitoring the boards and perhaps checking that some of these issues are serious quality problems and need to be rectified before people like myself, who have been an AT&T customer for many years, jumps ship.

So tell us 21stlow, how you are equipped to help?... we would be curious about your level of expertise and how it may apply to this S2 "sleep of death" (see other posts highlighting this issue)

Are you serious?  The OP asked a question about AT&T reps responding to board concerns.  One usually only cares when he/she has a concern; however, the OP didn't state a concern.  My question to the OP was to find out what the concern was.

If I thought that I had something helpful to offer Galaxy S II users, I would have responded in that thread.  However, I know of no solutions to the problem, nor do I own a Galaxy S II. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@omrebel wrote:

One thing I'm curious about is the complete lack of feedback that I see on these forums from anyone at AT&T. Why does AT&T ignore users?

Yes, every day. I'm sorry you haven't seen my posts or the posts from other members of my team but we are here and replying every day. 

If you have an issue that you need some help with, please let us know. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

We actually see positive feedback quite often here, at least a couple of times on a weekly basis. AT&;T is nowhere near perfect, but they're not completely trash - just like any other company you can think of.

Perhaps if you stuck around longer, you'd see the praise and customer appreciation to prove that AT&T is not all bad.

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

11 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

@doctorwhen wrote:

Are you serious?  The OP asked a question about AT&T reps responding to board concerns.  One usually only cares when he/she has a concern; however, the OP didn't state a concern.  My question to the OP was to find out what the concern was.

If I thought that I had something helpful to offer Galaxy S II users, I would have responded in that thread.  However, I know of no solutions to the problem, nor do I own a Galaxy S II. 

I ask this because I want to know why AT&T feels it's okay to block competing applications - such as Google Wallet. I have seen countless questions with no official response on this. I understand that AT&T is always on the lookout for ways to scam customers - and that's where Isis comes in at. However, Isis obviously doesn't work and is limited to only certain areas. It's anti-competive at best. 

So, I was wondering if AT&T reps read these questions and concerns about their anti-competitive practices, or if they are just ignoring the voices of their customers. Pretty simple really.

Does that help?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.