For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smofishlaw's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 3:17 PM

Difficulty receiving group messages (texts)

I have suddenly begun having problems with group messages-that are generally only texts.  If I am included in a group message, I frequently see an error message appear in the sender's message stream (not the group message stream) "No Subject Message Size XXkb..."  If I touch the message, it changes to "Downloading...".  Eventually (5 minutes to an hour), the message indicator will disappear from the senders message stream and appear in the group message stream.

This happens when I am in cell coverage, but if I am moving around, suddenly a number of messages may appear all at once.  This has happened once or twice in the past, but has been occurring constantly for the past few days.  I tried restarting phone- No change.

Phone is S7 Active, OS Nougat, with latest updates, native messaging program, no unusual apps, 50% device memory free.  I do have number sync on my Gear S2 watch. 

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

7 years ago

Make sure that your mobile data is on when trying to download a group text or MMS, as said messages will not download via WiFi.

If mobile data IS already on, try turning your WiFi off before trying again (you may have to restart your phone). Our phones are supposed to make the handover from WiFi to data automatically when downloading MMS, but often times that simply doesn't happen without a little nudge on your part. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.