Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Device unlock problem

Highlighted
Tutor

Device unlock problem

I obtained a phone from a friend that he was no longer using, to give to a medical student I'm supporting.  Not able to unlock it on the network as get "Oops! Looks like we're having network difficulties. Try again later." error message repeatedly.  I see on the forum that many others have this problem.  Have tried using the contact info of the owner, and it says the phone number doesn't match the IMEI, and of course it doesn't , as he has another newer phone active on that line.  What to do now? 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Professor (ACE - Professor)
Accepted by Fl_retire
‎12-14-2018 10:17 AM

Re: Device unlock problem

@KentV706 Has your friend had the new phone over 14 days. Sometime trying to unlock before the 14 days are over will cause an error. Also try the unlock as not ATT customer. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Device unlock problem

I tried again as not an AT&T customer, and it went through! Thank you for the tip about the less than 14 days.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support