For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
khoujayh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 12:48 PM

Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone

Greetings,

I have paid all the installment payments for my phone (Galaxy Note3). Since I will outside the states for more than three years I have decided to cancel my account with AT&T. Now I want to unlock my phone but the website does not recongize my phone's IMEI. It says "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device." Is there anyway to surpass this issue. AT&T has already canceled my number and I cannot contact them either with live chat or with their number. I also cannot visit any of their branches because there is no one where I am.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

i only think about 2 options. 1. Your phone was a replacement, so that imei is not on files. 2. Your phone is not locked, which i am not much sure.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Well, it's been five days since I sent AT&T Customer Service a PM - still no reply. Anyone know how to file a complaint? Thanks in advance.

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

10 years ago

Ya might need to give 'em a ring on this one.

When I call a company and expect to be on hold, or generally talking/waiting on the phone, for a while, I usually time it so I'm doing something else at the same time - like out walking. I bring my headset, make the call, and feel like I'm still getting something done (I tend to take lots of walks) in the meantime.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just wanted to say that my At&t Motorola Moto X wasn't coming up on the device unlock request page. The same message about not having the IMEI on file. I contacted the customer support via the community forums, through a private message, from the post above. They got back to me the next day via email, not the community forum messaging, and 2 days later, they took care of me. Thank you!

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Funny how I have a Galaxy Note 3 with the same issue (IMEI number is not recognized).

I paid off the Next Plan (and got another (Galaxy Note 4)).

Just sent a PM to get the code and instructions.

How long is the turnaround time to get this information?

Thank you

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

9 years ago

If you are a current or former AT&T customer and your attempt at unlocking the device on the website was unsuccessful, you can call customer care or tech support to have an unlock case submitted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have this exact same problem, this is extremely frustrating : I have called the customer service x3 times, I have been to the store (who are useless, unless they can sell you something). Specifically Seneca the Store Manager for th Redmond Town Center Store, WA is completely a waste of time. 

On my last attempt, I was able to take to a rep. of the phone who said she will be submitting a request. Not sure how long or if this will work. 

Extremely frustrating AT&T and I think borderline illegal that you cannot unlock my phone given that I paid full price for it over 12 months. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

so if the phone was purchased used we are basically screwed

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem. Please help out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My phone is a replacement. My original phone was replaced under warranty. Does that mean there's no way to unlock this phone?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.