Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 27, 2011
2:33:02 PM
Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

Hi, I have figured out how to set custom ringtones etc, but I was wondering if you can set a custom tone for just sms messages in general. Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Hi, I have figured out how to set custom ringtones etc, but I was wondering if you can set a custom tone for just sms messages in general. Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 27, 2011 6:46:12 PM
(0)
Professor

EnkryptedSpirit wrote:

In the root (SDcard drive:smileyhappy:of the SD card create the following folders.  Then place the ringtone you want of sms messages on the notifications folder.  Afterwards reboot the phone to force a rescan of the SD card.  Open the SMS message app and press menu and then settings.  You can change the notfication tone for the sms app there.  The ringtone file will be listed in the notification tone selection list.

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\ringtones

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\notifications

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\alarms

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.
Accepted Solution

Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 27, 2011 6:46:12 PM
(0)
Professor

EnkryptedSpirit wrote:

In the root (SDcard drive:smileyhappy:of the SD card create the following folders.  Then place the ringtone you want of sms messages on the notifications folder.  Afterwards reboot the phone to force a rescan of the SD card.  Open the SMS message app and press menu and then settings.  You can change the notfication tone for the sms app there.  The ringtone file will be listed in the notification tone selection list.

Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:

EnkryptedSpirit wrote:

Re: Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

2 of 13 (5,359 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 8:53:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks!

Thanks!

3 of 13 (5,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 9:28:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

Tried and true! works like a charm! So much thanks!

Tried and true! works like a charm! So much thanks!

4 of 13 (5,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 12:24:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, but it won't let me create any folders. Help?
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, but it won't let me create any folders. Help?

5 of 13 (5,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 12:53:36 PM
(0)
Professor
@Vagrant Soul
Are you trying to do create the folders through the phone or do you have the phone connected to a computer as a mass storage drive?

Please provide the exact steps you are doing so I can see where you get stuck.
@Vagrant Soul
Are you trying to do create the folders through the phone or do you have the phone connected to a computer as a mass storage drive?

Please provide the exact steps you are doing so I can see where you get stuck.

6 of 13 (5,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 6:05:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

i've connected to my laptop, and open the file manager. i can select folders, and i can copy and paste from the computer, but can't create any new folders.

i've connected to my laptop, and open the file manager. i can select folders, and i can copy and paste from the computer, but can't create any new folders.

7 of 13 (5,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 7:22:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Ann154 on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:23:49 PM

Vagrant Soul wrote:

You should be able to create folders if your can copy and paste from the computer's file explorer/manager.

Maybe you can try a different way.  This will not involve connecting to a computer.  Download Ringdroid from the market. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ringdroid

Open it up on the phone and create a ringtone from one of you music files.  Then following the instructions to set the file as both a phone ringtone and a notification tone.

The reason I am suggesting this application is because the application creates the proper folder structure (what I listed above) for the phone to find the files

Vagrant Soul wrote:

You should be able to create folders if your can copy and paste from the computer's file explorer/manager.

Maybe you can try a different way.  This will not involve connecting to a computer.  Download Ringdroid from the market. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ringdroid

Open it up on the phone and create a ringtone from one of you music files.  Then following the instructions to set the file as both a phone ringtone and a notification tone.

The reason I am suggesting this application is because the application creates the proper folder structure (what I listed above) for the phone to find the files

[ Edited ]
8 of 13 (5,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 7:54:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok. I'll give it a try. I know this will sound odd, but I don't have any music on my phone. LoL. Guess I gotta put some on here.
Ok. I'll give it a try. I know this will sound odd, but I don't have any music on my phone. LoL. Guess I gotta put some on here.

9 of 13 (5,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 12:49:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

I must say...THANK YOU! Thanks for your time and effort. It did finally work! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I almost sent this phone back.:womanvery-happy:

I must say...THANK YOU! Thanks for your time and effort. It did finally work! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I almost sent this phone back.:womanvery-happy:

10 of 13 (5,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 3:32:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Astro File Manager works like a charm I found also. you can find it on the android market for free.

Astro File Manager works like a charm I found also. you can find it on the android market for free.

11 of 13 (3,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2011 4:24:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Worked great!  Finally someone who actually helped.  THANKS SO MUCH!:smileyvery-happy:

Worked great!  Finally someone who actually helped.  THANKS SO MUCH!:smileyvery-happy:

12 of 13 (3,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 2:39:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Having difficulty and looking for guidance on this one.  uploaded the ringdroid off link you provided and I purchased a song from googlemusic on my phone, but unable to figure out how to make that song my ringtone?  when i click on the ringdroid app it shows a page with Facebok Pop(notifications) and under it another line with boot (media)  no options to connect to music files?

Having difficulty and looking for guidance on this one.  uploaded the ringdroid off link you provided and I purchased a song from googlemusic on my phone, but unable to figure out how to make that song my ringtone?  when i click on the ringdroid app it shows a page with Facebok Pop(notifications) and under it another line with boot (media)  no options to connect to music files?

13 of 13 (3,425 Views)