Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

Hi, I have figured out how to set custom ringtones etc, but I was wondering if you can set a custom tone for just sms messages in general. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13 (5,780 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by beckyww (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Custom SMS Tones for Pantech Crossover 8000

EnkryptedSpirit wrote:

Hi, I have figured out how to set custom ringtones etc, but I was wondering if you can set a custom tone for just sms messages in general. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

In the root (SDcard driveSmiley Happyof the SD card create the following folders.  Then place the ringtone you want of sms messages on the notifications folder.  Afterwards reboot the phone to force a rescan of the SD card.  Open the SMS message app and press menu and then settings.  You can change the notfication tone for the sms app there.  The ringtone file will be listed in the notification tone selection list.

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\ringtones

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\notifications

Sdcard drive:\media\audio\alarms

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 13 (5,771 Views)

Thanks!

Message 3 of 13 (5,766 Views)

Tried and true! works like a charm! So much thanks!

Message 4 of 13 (5,762 Views)

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, but it won't let me create any folders. Help?
Message 5 of 13 (5,702 Views)
Master

@Vagrant Soul
Are you trying to do create the folders through the phone or do you have the phone connected to a computer as a mass storage drive?

Please provide the exact steps you are doing so I can see where you get stuck.
Message 6 of 13 (5,699 Views)

i've connected to my laptop, and open the file manager. i can select folders, and i can copy and paste from the computer, but can't create any new folders.

Message 7 of 13 (5,695 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Vagrant Soul wrote:

i've connected to my laptop, and open the file manager. i can select folders, and i can copy and paste from the computer, but can't create any new folders.

You should be able to create folders if your can copy and paste from the computer's file explorer/manager.

Maybe you can try a different way.  This will not involve connecting to a computer.  Download Ringdroid from the market. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ringdroid

Open it up on the phone and create a ringtone from one of you music files.  Then following the instructions to set the file as both a phone ringtone and a notification tone.

The reason I am suggesting this application is because the application creates the proper folder structure (what I listed above) for the phone to find the files

Message 8 of 13 (5,687 Views)

Ok. I'll give it a try. I know this will sound odd, but I don't have any music on my phone. LoL. Guess I gotta put some on here.
Message 9 of 13 (5,682 Views)

I must say...THANK YOU! Thanks for your time and effort. It did finally work! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I almost sent this phone back.Woman Very Happy

Message 10 of 13 (5,676 Views)

Astro File Manager works like a charm I found also. you can find it on the android market for free.

Message 11 of 13 (4,097 Views)
Contributor

Worked great!  Finally someone who actually helped.  THANKS SO MUCH!Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 13 (4,007 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Having difficulty and looking for guidance on this one.  uploaded the ringdroid off link you provided and I purchased a song from googlemusic on my phone, but unable to figure out how to make that song my ringtone?  when i click on the ringdroid app it shows a page with Facebok Pop(notifications) and under it another line with boot (media)  no options to connect to music files?

Message 13 of 13 (3,837 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.