For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
coryquebedeaux's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 2:17 PM

Cracked Screen Help - LG Optimus G

I got my wife the LG Optimus G 2 days ago and she's already cracked the front cover.  It fell out of her scrubs getting out of the car this morning.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?  Is there anything AT&T can do to help or is this something a 3rd party will have to repair and charge an arm and a leg for?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Sorry to hear about the phone ...Did you purchase it from ATT?? Do you have insurance on the phone?? If so, I'd suggest going that route.... If not, there nothing ATT Warranty can do for you.

Maybe someone else will have some better advice about how you can get it repaired.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@coryquebedeaux wrote:

I got my wife the LG Optimus G 2 days ago and she's already cracked the front cover.  It fell out of her scrubs getting out of the car this morning.  Can you guys point me in the right direction?  Is there anything AT&T can do to help or is this something a 3rd party will have to repair and charge an arm and a leg for?  Thanks in advance for your help.

There's probably a cell phone repair shop that will replace the screen and digitizer. I would expect to spend $150-200 for that device possibly more.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

The digitizer (screen) is $50-60 on ebay, if you are handy with repairing these things. Cracked by GTab and I was shocked it was only $20!

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@dbphillips wrote:

The digitizer (screen) is $50-60 on ebay, if you are handy with repairing these things. Cracked by GTab and I was shocked it was only $20!

Caveat emptor for parts bought on ebay. It's never as easy as it looks on YouTube. Smiley Happy Just my 2¢ worth. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.