For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Mafuta's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 28th, 2011 9:05 PM

Connecting USB cable results in internal storage and SD card being unmounted

Why does connecting a USB cable to my Atirx result i it unmounting the internal storage and SD card.

I use an application called eWalled that stores passwords on my computer and has an android viewer which alows me to view my passwords on my phone. In order to sync the data I need the them mounted.

I have tried with the "USB Mass Storage" option enables as well the "None" option

It's a bit too technical for me but what should I do or am I missing something

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Does your phone have MTP on it as a option.  If so your phone cant handle both mounts at the same time due to how its partitioned due to the update.  For more on MTP and Mass USB check out XDA

MTP and USB mass 

Conversly it could be a issue with your external card, certain cards have been known it have issues.  Google it.

Did you see if your application on PC is up to date? 

lastly, you can try this idea, dont know if it will work.

Unmount you external card, and remove it.

Get a USB micro card reader.  (they are super cheap, and work well, I got one with a 32GB card and a camera card reader for like $30 buck from Frys.)

Plug in your external card to PC, let it load, and mount. 

Plug in your phone and do the same. 

Maybe your program will reconize them, if not then see if you can make it in settings.

Also you can roll back your phone, to last update, and reconnect to your application on PC, then change what it needs to connect.

Also USB debugging mode sometimes helps for issues on phones, its in Settings under Devolper Options

good luck

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@margaret.brafford wrote:

Does your phone have MTP on it as a option.  If so your phone cant handle both mounts at the same time due to how its partitioned due to the update.  

Do you realize that the post you responded to is over 2-1/2 years old?  And not many (if any) phones at that time had MTP.

Since the OP had a phone with USB Mass Storage, it was actually acting as intended.  USB Mass Storage cannot handle being mounted to both the phone and a computer, so when USB is connected, the memory is unmounted on the phone.

Conversely, MTP can handle being mounted by both the phone and the computer at the same time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.