For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Homeuser's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2013 5:39 PM

Coming over from T-Mobile

Hello everyone! I am going to be coming over from T-Mobile and we currently have the SGS2's. We have had our share of issues. Where we live, we don't have good Voice Service and No Data at all. So, with that said, we use the WiFi Calling feature that is strictly a T-Mobile feature. Basically, we turn on the WiFi on the phone and we can use our AT&T Uverse Modem and IP to make and receive phone calls. This allows us to have Voice service, however, using this WiFi feature, I'm not sure if it's Samsung's issue or T-Mobiles issue, but occassionally, once a call is connected, either the person on the other end can't hear you,, yet you can hear them, or you can't hear them, and they can hear you..

I don't want to tell all our problems and issues here, just looking for some good phones, for when we do come over here. We are currently looking at the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I was wondering if there are many issues with these phones here on AT&T? I have seen some SGS3 issues here on the forums, but not many on the Note 2...

We like the Droid phones and Samsung specific, as we got used to the SWYPE Keyboard and can't live without that..I don't want to pay for another app to do that, if it comes free..

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

With any carrier, reception is going to vary with your location.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S III on AT&T and have no reception problems, indoors or outdoors.  I am a very light talker on that phone, however.

Most, if not all, Android phones are capable of using the Swype keyboard.  It comes pre-installed on Samsung phones but you can enroll in the Swype beta program for free and download Swype to other Android devices.  Some people even prefer the Swype beta keyboard to the pre-installed versions.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the feed back! While I know, that reception varies from carrier to carrier, I have had people at my house with AT&T and the reception goes from 4G with 4 bars, to 3G and 2 bars throughout my house, AT&T store offered me their Micro Tower, which boosts the signal that I receive to enable better service in my house. While TM can't even come close to this..I only get their Edge service (if any service at all) with 1 bar to NO SERVICE AT ALL..forget about the 3G or 4G options...they are non-existant...

I'm also trying to see if there are any issues with these 2 devices, the SGS3 and the Note 2. From the looks of it, I don't see too many issues with the Note 2, but I've seen a lot of calling issues, dropping calls, WiFi and a few others on the AT&T network. I just want to do my research before I start paying an extra $70 more a month on my bill..

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

My best advice for your situation is to try the service with the phones that you prefer and use it extensively for the 14-day buyer's remorse period.  Determine whether or not you have issues before the 14 days are up and act accordingly.

I say this because I know that I haven't had problems with my Samsung Galaxy S III (that I didn't cause myself).  However, I'm sure that there are other people who have.  I have had a phone in the past that was rumored to have problems with the Wi-fi antenna.  The first two devices that I got indeed had the problem.  The third device was fine in that respect.  There are always bad phones in a particular line; the buyer's remorse period allows the customers to find out if everything suits their needs and if not, to seek a remedy.

I don't use a Samsung Galaxy Note II on AT&T.  From what I have read in the forum, the main complaint that people had was the "delayed" Multi-window update.  I haven't seen service problems reported with it in my forum browsing.

I hope that this helps.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, this helps Tremendously...I forgot about the 14 day remorse period. I''l look into that and see if I should either start off with a new number or port mine over and test it, if it don't work and I don't port it, then I just stay where I am, but if I port it (Which I may chose this option anyway cause we are almost defenitly coming over) I'll have to pay for what I use and just the restocking fee...

Thanks for the good idea! and the help with your finds too!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.