The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cryatal's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 5th, 2017 7:34 AM

Changed my number lost all my contacts and I'm trying to get contacs

I changed my number I lost all my contacts v cause they were saved to phone n not dim SIM card I had to get a new phone as well I'm tryi g to log onto my other at@t account [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] so I can get phone numbers off my account summery please help me

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

I don't know how to fix this, but if you were to save all of your contacts to a gmail account, whenever you log into your gmail on your phone, it will have all of your contacts.  This is something that will prevent this in the future.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

If numbers were saved to a phone, then they are not located anywhere else.   Changing phone numbers means all information on the old number is gone, no records.    

Unfortunately you needed to think ahead to save your information.  

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Since when does changing your phone number necessitate a hard reset or the erasure of the .db file where contacts are stored locally?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

@jii

If you read the OP's first post, he got a new phone along with the new number. The info is not stored on the SIM, it is stored in the phone, so when he changed phones, he lost all of his contacts. If he had changed phones at a corporate store, they may have been able to copy the info from the old phone to the new phone.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kdfederer My post was in response to "Changing phone numbers means all information on the old number is gone, no records," which is normally incorrect, thus my question. I did read OP's post. 

[Please keep it courteous]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

##- Please type your reply above this line -# my cell numbèr was 2***
and I had My number changed but all my "contacts are saved on the
*** account not the new number

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@jii wrote:

@kdfederer My post was in response to "Changing phone numbers means all information on the old number is gone, no records," which is normally incorrect, thus my question. I did read OP's post. 

Read...  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1041477. 

Call records for the previous number are not available if you change numbers.  They are on the phone only.  Since the OP also doesn't have the phone, they are out of luck.  No one said anything about resetting the phone, it's gone 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.