The Samsung Galaxy S24
HypnoToad72's profile

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 4:17 PM

Captivate now or wait for Infuse?

The Infuse looks fantastic, but my contract is about to expire. Is there a tentative release date for the Infuse?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@HypnoToad72 wrote:
The Infuse looks fantastic, but my contract is about to expire. Is there a tentative release date for the Infuse?

Ya know, I'm kind of in the same boat. I think that the Infuse is scheduled to be released in Q2. It's a pretty amazing device, but it's almost a bit too large for my liking. As for the Captivate, it's almost just right. I wish the Captivate had a flash for the camera, though... Kind of a stupid move on Samsung's part... But the Infuse is more powerful and advanced than the Captivate, so if you need more phone, I would wait for the Infuse.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

Q2 meaning April or later, I presume? (Q1 assumed to be Jan-March) If so, 😞 I might have to get the Captivate today then and upgrade and pay the piper if I decide to go for the Infuse at a later point. (Unless Froyo comes out for the Captivate by then... I don't do enough multitasking to warrant a dual-core CPU that the Infuse would have, impressive as it is...) The largeness of the Infuse isn't much of a detractor for me, surprisingly. And it uses the same technology as the Captivate's, which is a REALLY nice display. 4G would be nice, and an extra 200MHz for the CPU... I recall reading both use the same Hummingbird processor...

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@HypnoToad72 wrote:
Q2 meaning April or later, I presume? (Q1 assumed to be Jan-March) If so, 😞 I might have to get the Captivate today then and upgrade and pay the piper if I decide to go for the Infuse at a later point. (Unless Froyo comes out for the Captivate by then... I don't do enough multitasking to warrant a dual-core CPU that the Infuse would have, impressive as it is...) The largeness of the Infuse isn't much of a detractor for me, surprisingly. And it uses the same technology as the Captivate's, which is a REALLY nice display. 4G would be nice, and an extra 200MHz for the CPU... I recall reading both use the same Hummingbird processor...

Maybe earlier than April, actually... I would estimate around the middle of March. But if you need a phone for the moment, you can't go wrong with the Captivate. If you'd like to upgrade to the Infuse, then you just may have to wait, unfortunately. 😞

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks! I did get a Captivate. Especially as the 4.5" screen, in theory, is nice, the Captivate's 4.0" is no munchkin. My only hope is that Froyo (2.2) gets released and it will. From past experience, AT&T can be slow at times (re: Windows Mobile OS). It'll be worth the wait.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I just bought the phone and so far I like it but, there is definitely a learning curve!

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

@vneigenfind

"I just bought the phone and so far I like it but, there is definitely a learning curve!"

Same here! But I've found that Android feels more natural, especially after figuring out its nuances... and it allows more customization upfront. The iPhone by comparison, at this time, forces its experience on the user. In the long term, going back to the iPhone will also have a learning curve. More like a de-learning curve...

Guru

• 

149 Messages

13 years ago

Just got the Captivate too. I absolutely love it! Had the iPhone 4 since it's release, and although I really liked it, I got tired of not having themes & being able to customize it without being jailbroken. The reception on the iPhone 4 wasn't as good as my previous iPhone 3GS, but the Captivate has great reception. I like the larger screen too. The iPhone 4 has a great screen, but the Captivate is even better. Was gonna wait for the Motorola Atrix to be released, but decided I didn't need any of the extras that phone has. I'm glad I got the Captivate. It's awesome!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@amylyn1970 wrote:
Just got the Captivate too. I absolutely love it! Had the iPhone 4 since it's release, and although I really liked it, I got tired of not having themes & being able to customize it without being jailbroken. The reception on the iPhone 4 wasn't as good as my previous iPhone 3GS, but the Captivate has great reception. I like the larger screen too. The iPhone 4 has a great screen, but the Captivate is even better. Was gonna wait for the Motorola Atrix to be released, but decided I didn't need any of the extras that phone has. I'm glad I got the Captivate. It's awesome!

Thanks for the helpful review, amylyn1970. That's exactly what I needed to hear to bump me in the right direction on the path to getting the Captivate. The screen is very nice, I agree. 😉

Guru

• 

149 Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@amylyn1970 wrote:

Thanks for the helpful review, amylyn1970. That's exactly what I needed to hear to bump me in the right direction on the path to getting the Captivate. The screen is very nice, I agree. 😉

You're welcome. I have to say I was a little leary at first getting the Captivate after reading about the problems with it shutting down. The first day I had the phone I checked for a software update & it said that there wasn't any. Then on the third day my alarm didn't go off & I kind of freaked out a bit. So I was reading about the baseband version that should be on the phone & I had the old version. So I tried the update again & this time I had an update & it updated to the new baseband. Low & behold my alarm went off the next day. So now I'm not worried about my phone having the shutdown problems. I am really happy with this phone!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.