Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 27, 2010
9:27:23 AM
View profile
Captivate displaying T-Mobile. Why?

I have a Samsung Captivate, noticed Christmas night while in my basement (where I do not get service) the lock screen had T-Mobile in the top right corner. This is a stock phone never rooted or anything like that. Should an AT&T phone display T-Mobile? LOL

I have a Samsung Captivate, noticed Christmas night while in my basement (where I do not get service) the lock screen had T-Mobile in the top right corner. This is a stock phone never rooted or anything like that. Should an AT&T phone display T-Mobile? LOL

Sent from my Samsung Captivate
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 27, 2010 11:38:53 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Dec 27, 2010 at 11:39:06 AM

AT&T and T-Mobile have mutual roaming aggreement that phones from one carrier can roam to the other when the phone can't connect to its home carrier. So, it sounds like you have no AT&T signal in your basement but T-mobile signal is available.

So would you rather have no signal at all or let it roam to T-mobile?

Accepted Solution

Captivate displaying T-Mobile. Why?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 27, 2010 11:38:53 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Dec 27, 2010 at 11:39:06 AM

AT&T and T-Mobile have mutual roaming aggreement that phones from one carrier can roam to the other when the phone can't connect to its home carrier. So, it sounds like you have no AT&T signal in your basement but T-mobile signal is available.

Re: Captivate displaying T-Mobile. Why?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,360 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 2:44:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

I guess that works for me, but regardless of the carrier you can see from the signal indicator that I didn't have service at all. I found it interesting that my AT&T phone was displaying T-Mobile, I have never noticed that before.

I guess that works for me, but regardless of the carrier you can see from the signal indicator that I didn't have service at all. I found it interesting that my AT&T phone was displaying T-Mobile, I have never noticed that before.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

Re: Captivate displaying T-Mobile. Why?

3 of 3 (1,324 Views)