Captivate Unlock Code doesn't work!

Teacher

AT&T gave me the unlock code for my device, but it doesn't work.  I get an error message that says "network unlock request unsuccessful".  I've spent quite a bit of time on the phone with customer service and we've tried several methods and none have worked.  CS then directed me to take the phone to a store so they could unlock it there - that didn't work because nobody there knew what to do.  I called CS again while still in the store and the worker spoke to them & got the same results.  I was then directed to take it to a device support center & got the same results there.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 18 (14,876 Views)
Master

Re: Captivate Unlock Code doesn't work!

The hard part is rooting. Phones running latest Gingerbread (2.3.4 or later) are much more difficult to root.

Remember rooting voids your warranty.

Message 16 of 18 (14,559 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, I have similar problem where the unlock code given by ATT does not work.  Had confirmed at least 3 times.  Per suggestion from ATT CSR, I had reset my Samsung Captivate to manufacturing setting and tried to unlock the phone without sim card by using code #7465625*638*Unlock Code (NCK)# and *0111Unlock Code (NCK)# and got message "Not Registered On Network".  Any suggestions to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Message 17 of 18 (12,428 Views)
Contributor

Re: Captivate Unlock Code doesn't work!

I had the same problem -- unlock code provided by ATT didn't work (Samsung Captivate Gingerbread 2.3.5) and nobody at ATT was owning up the issue.

I had to root the phone and then get it unlocked using one of the apps by h**z !!

Here is brief summary of my interaction with ATT CSR and store people --

** ATT does not get any tech support from samsung to resolve issues like these (apparently nobody cares @ ATT and samsung).

** ATT store representative offer to me was -- get it unlocked using local repair shops and refund the fees incurred OR surrender the phone for $100 gift voucher !

** App by h**z is not downloadable via google play store in USA!! (This is ridiculous-- Samsung will not help with genuine issues and they will not allow others to help either !! Smiley Sad )

Message 18 of 18 (8,434 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.