For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
BobbyQuest's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 5:28 AM

Captivate Unlock Code doesn't work!

AT&T gave me the unlock code for my device, but it doesn't work.  I get an error message that says "network unlock request unsuccessful".  I've spent quite a bit of time on the phone with customer service and we've tried several methods and none have worked.  CS then directed me to take the phone to a store so they could unlock it there - that didn't work because nobody there knew what to do.  I called CS again while still in the store and the worker spoke to them & got the same results.  I was then directed to take it to a device support center & got the same results there.  Any advice?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

12 years ago

UPDATE:

After taking the phone to an AT&T store per CS' direction, the guy let me borrow a store SIM card, but wouldn't give up the phone number attached even after speaking with CS himself (total tool).

I'm happy to report that I was able to find some good info on the web & I was able to unlock it myself, no thanks to anyone at AT&T.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

12 years ago

Please let us know what you found so others can also see the best way to do it.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Captivate(or Galaxy S) and Galaxy S2 can be easily unlocked using a free app if you root your phone. Instructions can be found on xda.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

12 years ago

^ what Foxbat said - and might I add, it was shockingly easy.  The entire process was done in less than 5 minutes & I'm not a tech geek by any stretch of the imagination.  Sorry I can't post the links here, but a simple search will produce them for you.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

The hard part is rooting. Phones running latest Gingerbread (2.3.4 or later) are much more difficult to root.

Remember rooting voids your warranty.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi, I have similar problem where the unlock code given by ATT does not work.  Had confirmed at least 3 times.  Per suggestion from ATT CSR, I had reset my Samsung Captivate to manufacturing setting and tried to unlock the phone without sim card by using code #7465625*638*Unlock Code (NCK)# and *0111Unlock Code (NCK)# and got message "Not Registered On Network".  Any suggestions to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem -- unlock code provided by ATT didn't work (Samsung Captivate Gingerbread 2.3.5) and nobody at ATT was owning up the issue.

I had to root the phone and then get it unlocked using one of the apps by h**z !!

Here is brief summary of my interaction with ATT CSR and store people --

** ATT does not get any tech support from samsung to resolve issues like these (apparently nobody cares @ ATT and samsung).

** ATT store representative offer to me was -- get it unlocked using local repair shops and refund the fees incurred OR surrender the phone for $100 gift voucher !

** App by h**z is not downloadable via google play store in USA!! (This is ridiculous-- Samsung will not help with genuine issues and they will not allow others to help either !! 😞 )

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.