For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mfroberts's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 8:38 PM

Captivate Text Message Problem

Hi all, 

I am having a problem with my Captivate that only happens occassionally with incoming text messages. Instead of a text message, I get what looks like a MMS message notification, but it just says (for example):

Message size: 1 KB            Downloading

Expires: 2:48PM, Jan 19

"Downloading" is in gray, and nothing ever changes.  This has happened with text messages from 4 different people, all of whom assured me they weren't sending pictures or anything, just texts.  I have received normal texts from them before and after these broken texts.

This happened in December several times in a single week, so I called AT&T's support.  They sent me two sample pictures, which worked fine, and then made me factory reset my phone.  The woman who told me to do the factory reset (without warning me that's what we were doing), then rudely informed me that if the problem continued, it was my friends' problem, not AT&T's, because "everything's fine over here."  Since it is now happening again and my friends tell me I'm the only one, I'm guessing that's not the case. 

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know a solution?  I'm about ready to chuck this piece of crap in the Potomac.

Thanks,

Monica

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

I've gotten the "Downloading..." error with incoming MMS messages on my Captivate that never downloaded several times before, but never with regular incoming SMS messages.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I disussed it tonight with one of the people who I get the problem messages from. We think it's related to when she sends a group text from her Verizon iPhone. I know for sure I had the problem with someone else under those conditions... Wish I could fix it!!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

I understand where you are coming from. I wish I could be able to view some of the pictures people send me. 😛

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Finally found solution for this on this forum
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/8626-mms-issues/

I turned on 3G and pressed that "download" button inside the text...and it worked!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@45orient wrote:
Finally found solution for this on this forum
http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/8626-mms-issues/

I turned on 3G and pressed that "download" button inside the text...and it worked!

So the 3G data network must have been deactivated when the OP and I were occasionally having problems viewing pictures?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.