The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wild Banchi's profile

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 11:00 PM

Captivate Help - E-mail/Picture

I've had my Samsung Captivate for almost three months now, and am really enjoying it. However, I seem to be having a problem sending a picture FROM my e-mail TO my phone. I don't know any other way to send the picture.

You see, I took this picture of a pet that is now deceased and I would like to retrieve it and store it in my Captivate's photo gallery. I took it with an LG Neon that I retired, sent it to my sister when I got a Samsung Mythic, then the Mythic died on me with the picture I would like to have on my Captivate on it.

However, I DID previously send the picture to my e-mail. I just can't figure out why when I try to send the message the picture will not be shown in the forwarded message on my phone. The subject and text is there and everything, but the picture is nowhere to be found. I clicked "Attachments" from the menu button and it says there are no attachments - which I find very odd.

I'm trying to send the picture to my phone number at mms.att.com. Example: XXX-XXX-XXXX@mms.att.com.

Assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Question, why are you sending the picture from an email address to a text message?

Couldn't you send the picture file to the gmail address associated with the android phone?

You might also want to download the app called "Download All Files" to get the attachment from the email to the sd card on the phone.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

I'm sorry, Ann154...I really do not even know. I supposed that I could try to send the picture from my Yahoo! e-mail address to my phone sort of as a "picture message", but that sure did not work out...

I forgot about the gmail address...but it worked! The picture is now on my phone! Thank you so much!

Now, here's the hard part. I would like to use that picture as a custom avatar for my screen name here. I have downloaded the picture into my phone's photo gallery and tried to upload it to this site via my Captivate, but the picture is in the incorrect file format. 😞 Apparently, it needs to be a .jpg image. Since I downloaded it, it's listed as a .png image. Is there any way to change the format?

Thanks again.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Hmmmm don't know. I have loaded png files on the site before. Always through my laptop though.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

All right. I wanted to say thanks anyway, Ann, for your suggestion. Without it, I would have been so frustrated as to why the picture would not send to my phone.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

No problem.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

gingerbread-browser.png

I think I figured out how to upload the pictures to the site from the phone. This was also a png file.

1 Attachment

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

All right...would you mind sharing what you did? When I try to upload the photo, it gets the error messages that goes something like, "We expected you to upload a .jpg file. This file is in the .png format and cannot be processed." Or something along the lines of that statement.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I promise I will answer. I think the answer deserves screenshots and I am not setup to do those yet.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Actually, I think I have found the trick...I downloaded a screenshot app from the Android Market and installed it onto my phone. Then, with the picture I wanted, I was able to screen capture the image and upload it here. I think I may have it all set! I'm crossing my fingers!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

It looks like you have a new avatar!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.