For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
know1's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Friday, July 23rd, 2010 1:46 PM

Captivate - GPS Issues

Anyone else experiencing basically no GPS lock?

I've seen it mentioned in plenty of other forums, but not here. I've tried all kinds of fixes and settings and the GPS on my unit is basically useless. I can get a very poor lock using just the wireless networks, but GPS never locks.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

14 years ago

At this point I dont know what to believe, I have read hundreds of posts on every forum I am on that say gps is fixed and just as many that say it is just as bad or worse than before the update. I can tell you that  my GPS has not improved even a little.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

In my case, the GPS went from bad to absolutely USELESS!!! Will not see a single satellite and no hope for a lock. To add insult to injury, the phone has increased lag which apparently affects the function of the 4 soft buttons.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

14 years ago

By the way, is the Sony Xperia X10 a better solution. I know it is currently only at 1.6, but does it get good reception and have working GPS?

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

14 years ago

you have a Fuze, tilt 2, captivate, and yet you posted from a HTC Hero ????? You maybe dropping some false info?

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

14 years ago

I downloaded a program last night called GPSTest and after a few minutes, it did lock and my other GPS apps locked...alas, this morning, nothing is locking...even the GPS program.

This GPS issue is tarnishing an otherwise awesome phone!

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

14 years ago

just spoke with samsung AGAIN.... I was told that if you manually installed the update that you still have to wait for a message that the update is going to be pushed to your phone, so in short manually installed updates for the most part are incomplete.

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

14 years ago

@tylerdurdin wrote:

you have a Fuze, tilt 2, captivate, and yet you posted from a HTC Hero ????? You maybe dropping some false info?

Negative.  From what I understand, this "forum" does not understand what an Android is. If I knew how to change that I would. All of my emails say it is from my Captivate.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

14 years ago

my apologies. 

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

14 years ago

@tylerdurdin wrote:

my apologies. 

It's cool. I do wish it would report the right device being used here. I think even the Aria says it would be done from the Hero on this forum. I would still rather see the GPS issues fixed first though, lol.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

14 years ago

H

I

G

H

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.