Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

Contributor

Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

I have an issue with sending text meesages to a specific contact.  Sending texts works to all other contacts.

Have tried sending to the specific phone number (and not the contact) and it does not work.

I am baffled ... any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (7,323 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

What "doesn't work" - does it look like it sends but the other person never receives it, or do you get an error message (if so, what?) when you try to send it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (7,311 Views)
Contributor

No errors .... it looks like it was sent and the recipient never sees the message.

Again, only one specific recipient.

Message 3 of 7 (7,308 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by johninsj (ACE - Professor)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

chuckl123 wrote:

No errors .... it looks like it was sent and the recipient never sees the message.

Again, only one specific recipient.

Any chance that person blocked you? Are they on AT&T or another carrier?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (7,243 Views)
Contributor

Thanks johninsj!

That was it.  We all have avast on our phones and I was checking the avast block list and the number was not there.

But the person with the other phone had accidentally selected the "Register number as spam" option when trying to delete a message thread.

Message 5 of 7 (7,240 Views)
Contributor

If you are not blocked, it could be your phone.  Go into the contact and put the cursor between the #1 and the first digit of area code and type a dash (-) and save it.  It worked for me.

Message 6 of 7 (556 Views)
Contributor

Please help - I have this problem with not bein able to sebd texts? some numbers have hyphens and some don't. But many (not all) people do not get my texts. Kathy

Message 7 of 7 (112 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.