Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2013
6:18:29 AM
View profile
Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

I have an issue with sending text meesages to a specific contact.  Sending texts works to all other contacts.

Have tried sending to the specific phone number (and not the contact) and it does not work.

I am baffled ... any ideas?

Thanks

I have an issue with sending text meesages to a specific contact.  Sending texts works to all other contacts.

Have tried sending to the specific phone number (and not the contact) and it does not work.

I am baffled ... any ideas?

Thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 8, 2013 6:25:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

chuckl123 wrote:

No errors .... it looks like it was sent and the recipient never sees the message.

Again, only one specific recipient.

Any chance that person blocked you? Are they on AT&T or another carrier?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 7:19:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What "doesn't work" - does it look like it sends but the other person never receives it, or do you get an error message (if so, what?) when you try to send it.

What "doesn't work" - does it look like it sends but the other person never receives it, or do you get an error message (if so, what?) when you try to send it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cannot send text messages to a specific contact

2 of 6 (7,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 7:36:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

No errors .... it looks like it was sent and the recipient never sees the message.

3 of 6 (7,066 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 8, 2013 6:25:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

chuckl123 wrote:

chuckl123 wrote:

4 of 6 (7,001 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:51:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks johninsj!

That was it.  We all have avast on our phones and I was checking the avast block list and the number was not there.

But the person with the other phone had accidentally selected the "Register number as spam" option when trying to delete a message thread.

Thanks johninsj!

That was it.  We all have avast on our phones and I was checking the avast block list and the number was not there.

But the person with the other phone had accidentally selected the "Register number as spam" option when trying to delete a message thread.

5 of 6 (6,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2016 8:36:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

If you are not blocked, it could be your phone.  Go into the contact and put the cursor between the #1 and the first digit of area code and type a dash (-) and save it.  It worked for me.

If you are not blocked, it could be your phone.  Go into the contact and put the cursor between the #1 and the first digit of area code and type a dash (-) and save it.  It worked for me.

6 of 6 (314 Views)