For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
phoneuser73's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 22nd, 2018 4:32 PM

Cannot receive SMS messages on new LG K20 while on wifi

This is a really strange problem.  I just got a new phone (LG K20) for my daughter and retired her old Motorola Droid Turbo.  Everything seems to be working fine, except that she cannot receive SMS messages while on wifi.  She can send them ok.  If she disables wifi she receives them.  And if her phone is turned off while the messages are sent, she can receive them when the phone is turned on.  On the sending end, the messages show as "Delivered" if and only if they are not received by her.  That is, when I send a SMS message to her while she is not on WIFI, she gets the message, and it does NOT say delivered on my end.  The only time it says delivered on my phone is if it was NOT received by her.  We are using the Google Messages app, but have tried a few others.  Powered cycled the device several times.

TLDR:

- Phone is not receiving SMS messages while on wifi

- Phone does get them when NOT on wifi

- Sender sees "Delivered" if the message is NOT received, and sees no tag if the message is successfully received.

Any ideas?

Professor

• 

863 Messages

5 years ago

They can likely fix it for you if you call in, you can also try this:

https://www.att.com/support/ts/wireless/Troubleshoot&Resolve

(edited)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just to close this out, I spoke with AT&T tech support and we ended up factory resetting the phone, uninstalling the Google Messages app, and using the default messenger app that comes with the LG K20.  It seems to be working now.  Our best guess was that the phone needs to use the default messenger app while on wifi to route the message correctly from received (since it was delivered to the phone) to the the correct app.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.