For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
MhornYeti's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 6:00 AM

Cannot get Google Now to work on Galaxy S3

Just bought the refurb SG3.  Updated to 4.1.1 OTA.

I cannot get Google Now to turn on.  I hold the home button, the press the "g" icon that shows up on the bottom.  A google bar comes up.  Then, I press the menu button on the bottom left.  I go to settings, and then Goggle Now is shown as off.  There are no buttons to toggle on or off.  Then, I tap Google now, and it brings up a page that says Google Now.  I select "yes", and then goes back to the Google search bar.  I cannot set up any Google Now Cards.  Anyone else having this problem?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

11 years ago

Thats ur whole problem u bought it refurbished send it back it might be defective

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@MhornYeti wrote:

Just bought the refurb SG3.  Updated to 4.1.1 OTA.

I cannot get Google Now to turn on.  I hold the home button, the press the "g" icon that shows up on the bottom.  A google bar comes up.  Then, I press the menu button on the bottom left.  I go to settings, and then Goggle Now is shown as off.  There are no buttons to toggle on or off.  Then, I tap Google now, and it brings up a page that says Google Now.  I select "yes", and then goes back to the Google search bar.  I cannot set up any Google Now Cards.  Anyone else having this problem?

When you went into Settings and saw that Google Now was off, did you tap the word "Off" to see if it would change to "On"?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Figured it out.  I had to update Google search.  Now it is working.  The phone looks brand new.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.