The Samsung Galaxy S24
kosti's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 16th, 2012 6:04 PM

Can we please have Google Wallet functionality?

i have a Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I upgraded to ICS recently, but Google Wallet will still not work because there is no secure element on my phone. I dont quite know how all this works but it seems this is now a problem only my carrier can resolve. I would really like to add something to my SD card or get a new SIM card that has a secure element so i can use this app. if this is something ATT will not ever do, i suppose i can wait until my contract expires and switch to Sprint. Does anyone know what ATT has planned for this?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Yes there is a hack for the sgs3 to use Google wallet and yes it works perfectly....

Almost every android phone has nfc but cannot use Google wallet because it's lacking another feature... A secured element.. It's a chip that Google wallet NEEDS to work..

So only phones with both the secured element chip and nfc will work... Like the sgs3...

Not the skyrocket. Note, or sgs2,

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

@realized wrote:
Yes there is a hack for the sgs3 to use Google wallet and yes it works perfectly....

Almost every android phone has nfc but cannot use Google wallet because it's lacking another feature... A secured element.. It's a chip that Google wallet NEEDS to work..

So only phones with both the secured element chip and nfc will work... Like the sgs3...

Not the skyrocket. Note, or sgs2,

Thats only for the Verizon version, but Verizon recently allowed Google Wallet to be downloaded from the Play Store because of customer complaint...come on people we need a petition or something!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Bought SGS3 to use Google Wallet but looks like is not allowed by AT&T. So lame...

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

That's because Google and after haven't activated it yet. On both ends. It will be available starting September with jellybean!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Bad idea sprint is a lot higher than after. For the price of one with them is the price of 2 with At&t.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Me too!  I'm livid about this!  What the heck!  The phone is NFC enabled.  Screw you AT&T.  {word filter evasions removed}

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

This is one of the numerous reasons I'm probably not going to be getting the Note 2.

If it doesn't have a GW-compatible SE, I don't want it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just for the reason of wanting to use google wallet, I am moving to Verizon now.  I have been with AT&T for over 10 years and never being very happy with their coverage anyway, and now with inability of using google wallet, it is finally the time for a separation.  And I am taking a family of 4 lines with me.  Hello Samsung Galaxy S3 and Verizon, here we come!

Guru

• 

725 Messages

11 years ago

@mrnitelee wrote:

Just for the reason of wanting to use google wallet, I am moving to Verizon now.  I have been with AT&T for over 10 years and never being very happy with their coverage anyway, and now with inability of using google wallet, it is finally the time for a separation.  And I am taking a family of 4 lines with me.  Hello Samsung Galaxy S3 and Verizon, here we come!

You want GW and you're switching to VERIZON????

You realize that Verizon has been consistently blocking GW on the Galaxy Nexus?  As in, Verizon is the ONLY carrier where you can have a Galaxy Nexus but you can't have Google Wallet?

If you want Google Wallet - get a Nexus from the Play Store and put your SIM into it.  Once your contract is up, switch to a provider that doesn't penalize you for bringing your own device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I bought my GS3, (with amazing customer service) leaving iPhone not even thinking that certain GOOGLE services would be blocked on an Android phone. I don't claim to understand why Google Wallet isn't allowed; I'm simply saying, it's a service offered, I own a phone with the technology, and AT&T isn't allowing me to use something I want.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.