The Samsung Galaxy S24
Bree1410's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 7th, 2013 3:04 AM

Can't receive text messages on my new Samsung Galaxy S4 from any IPones

I have been to 2 AT&T stores, online and Apple support.  No resolution.  I had just upgraded from an IPhone

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Bree1410, I received your private message and replied, but the answer that gara56 gave you is probably the reason for the issue and the solution should work. My message offered a similar explanation, in most cases, iMessage is the reson for text issues with iPhones and Android phones.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have tried this.  The other people have tried also.  What else can I do?  I can not do without text messaging.  If I return the phone, I also have to return the tablet.  This means I have to pay a $70 restocking fee.  I do not have it.  I have been to 2 AT&T stores.  I am disabled and not able to just run up there.  I feel as though AT&T is making this my problem.  I just bought a new phone, why is this my problem?

Explorer

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I had the same problem when i switched. The people who had me as an imessage iphone contact had to change me to Mobile and reboot their iphone. then it started to work. 

Try that. 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

You should be blaming Apple because it is THEIR problem. They are making it as hard as possible for users to switch. You have to completely remove any and all associated devices from iMessages and your phone number. It can take several hours for Apple to update the account settings and remove the fwd option. I should also add you need to remove your devices from iCloud and "find my phone" This posting should help

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5014818?start=0&tstart=0

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

See I had just switched from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4. For half a month my text messaging was ok with some people but then all of a sudden one particular person that I text doesn't receive anything from me at all. Even tried calling to test and it will ring once or twice then go to voice mail on my end but on their end it never shows up. That person currently has an iPhone 5S and doesn't use imessages at all. I can not figure out what could be causing this. Most others I talk to, some who do have iphones, say they get my texts just fine, sometimes they have to respond by manually switching the message to text. The person even said that when they recently tried texting me, they got a message back saying invalid number. Its weird and would greatly appreciate any help to solve this.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

All you have to do is put the Sim card back into the iPhone and go to settings and turn off the Imessage. Wait a couple hours then turn the iPhone off and put the Sim card back into the Samsung Galaxy s4 and texting should work

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

The same thing happened to me when I switch from iphone to the s3. My wife was texting me all day and she got mad at me for not responding. So when i arrived home she was upstairs and i was downstairs i sent her a text and I heard my ipad go off. So I checked it and there they were all the messages she had sent me. I turned off imessage and never had a problem since. Always turn off the imessage before switching.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.