For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
TL3579's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 1st, 2015 11:06 AM

Can't get apps since android update

I have an LG G3 and since the software update I am not able to get any apps (paid or free) and the Google Play Services keeps notifying me that it needs permissions but never updates. I have tried clearing caches, I have checked Google, etc and nothing is working. Please help!

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

you stated you cleared the cache, Did you try clearing the app-data of play store? If not, try clearing the app-data, and/or any updates installed by play store, and allow it to install a Play Store update again (it will do this automatically), and then try using Google Play Store. this has worked for some. You could also try sideloading the update you need and then see if the play store starts working again

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you but that did not work. Even tried to deactivate Play Services but it wouldn't let me - something about device administrator.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

My last resort fix would be to try a factory reset of the phone, This is always a last resort fix as I do not like telling people to erase their data when I don't like to. You could look into what it said about device administator by looking into the security section of the menu and disabling all administrators so as to fix this,

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Ok... Under administrators it had "Android Device Manager" selected. I un-checked the box which allowed me to uninstall updates in Play Services. Apps are currently downloading - thank you for your help!

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Afterwards It may be beneficial to reenable that so if the forbid the device is lost or stolen you have the ability to lock/ remote wipe your device to protect your information

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.