The Samsung Galaxy S24
jdanniel's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2013 9:49 PM

Can I Change the Default Tone that is Played Whenever I Use my Galaxy Express?

Hello, everyone.  

I’m new to AT&T (been a subscriber for just two days), and have a prepaid Go Phone account.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Express.  This is the first “smart phone” I’ve ever owned, and I’m still getting used to it.

I have one question:  Whenever I use the phone, I frequently hear a tone, like a drop of water hitting more water.  It sounds to me like “doink.”

I know how to turn off the sounds completely, so I hear nothing at all, but what I’d like to know is:  Can I actually CHANGE the sound from the default to something else? 

If I can, what is that procedure, and where would I find other tones I can use instead?  The default tone is driving me nuts.  Thank you!   Jd

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Which phone event (text message, email, etc.) triggers the notification sound?  I don't have your phone, but I think that the menu will be similar to mine.  Go to your applications drawer, select Settings>Sound>Ringtones and Notifications.  Once you select this, you can change the notification sound or select "Silent".

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Not sure but could it be a possibility that it could be the minute minder?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the replies.

Honestly, the phone events that trigger the sound are pretty much EVERYTHING.  Basically, whenever I touch the screen!  When I press an icon, I hear that sound.  When I make a phone call, every time I touch the phone's keypad, it makes a sound.

The Settings sections you mentioned are not what makes this sound.  There is a section under System that says Touch Sounds:  Play sound when making screen selection.  This option is checked.  I unchecked it, and that silenced the phone.  The sound stopped.

But...it doesn't seem to give you the option of CHANGING the sound.  It seems like the default sound is the only one.  I'm not sure of this, though.

So, if we can figure out how to change that sound, we'd be cruising smoothly!  Thank you again for trying to assist.

Jd

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.