Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Caller id not working

Tutor

Caller id not working

When receiving calls contact name does not appear but number  does how can I fix this annoying problem 

Message 1 of 15
Associated Member
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JmaNva
‎04-23-2019 3:02 AM

Hello @JmaNva 

I have a suggestion; Disable the AT&T Call Protect App in your settings, and restart the phone. It would be greatly appreciated if you would let me know if that works! 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Tutor

Thank you,your advice worked

Message 3 of 15
Scholar

Where do i find the caller protect app so i can disable it?

Message 4 of 15
Tutor

there is no way to disable the app. Also, it says "Protect," not "Call Protect."

Message 5 of 15
Tutor

Under Settings on pull down on home screen>>Apps>>Call Protect (mine is AT&T Call Protect)>> click on and disable and it will ask for permission to uninstall>>restart. I now have complete caller ID back. I am Happy Thank You!

Message 6 of 15
Tutor

Thanks, but I'm confused and moderately terrified. Am not sure which, if
either of my choices align with yours. I have two choices:

(1) "AT&T Protect Plus," with option to uninstall or force stop.

(2) "Call Protect," with option to disable or force stop. If I click
Disable, window pops up: "Disabling built-in apps may cause errors in
other apps," with options to Cancel or Disable.

Any ideas? thanks for input!
Message 7 of 15
Tutor

I was unsure as well. But after not finding anything to turn caller ID on,
I saw this post about disabling "Call Protect" and tried it and now I have
my Caller ID back working the way it use to. I think there was a message
about reverting back to previous version of Call Protect.
Message 8 of 15
Contributor

THANKS A MILLION!!! TOTALLY WORKED!!!! Has anyone who has done this ( disabled att call protect app) had any issues? Has anyones device changed at all from the small to extreme??? In any way whatsoever??? LITERALLY!!! PERIOD!!!

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

THANKS A MILLION!!! TOTALLY WORKED!!!! Has anyone who has done this ( disabled att call protect app) had any issues? Has anyones device changed at all from the small to extreme??? In any way whatsoever??? LITERALLY!!! PERIOD!!!!

Message 10 of 15
Scholar

@Pepys1 

Disable both of those apps. Dont worry about the messsge. That will fix the problem. Everyone has complained about this. I have yet to see an explanation of why the apps have messed up our caller id, but this fix really works. No need to restart your phone either.

Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Contributor

Nope, didn’t work on my iPhone.

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

Allow me to say this as polite and as kindly as I can: I DO NOT HAVE A SMARTPHONE!!!!!

On August 12 or August 13, 2019 I was promised, I was assured, I was told that my Caller ID would be reactivated after having a power failure by someone at the call center. It has NOT BEEN reactivated yet.

Please fix this problem, NOW. Thank you.

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

Once More: I DO NOT HAVE A SMARTPHONE.

My Caller ID does not work. Employees at a call center promised, assured, and stated that my Caller ID had been reactivated after a power failure occurred.

Please fix this problem, now.

Message 14 of 15
Contributor

Good. good , good. thank you so much. I have the galaxy s9 which doesn't come withe the caller name Id app pre- installed  and after 6 months waiting for a solution I could transfer the app from my previous s7 edge to the s9 using the airdroid app. Initially didn't work, but thanks to your explanation I made it work. I am very happy now.

If some one here try to transfer the app has to be patient. Once you install the app in the galaxy s9, you must wait couple hours some times in order to find the app in your screen. Bust first thing you most do after install the app is go to app permissions and grant all the required permits to the app, then disable the att call protection. One more time thanks.

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support