The Samsung Galaxy S24
das8nt's profile

Mentor

• 

106 Messages

Thursday, February 10th, 2011 10:29 PM

Buy an Atrix "4G" Lose Your Unlimited Data Plan

According to THIS POST on ANDROID CENTRAL, the document from AT&T shows you will have to give up your grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan if you choose to upgrade to one of their new "4G" phones. This truly is unbelievable... wait, no, it's believable of AT&T lately. What can they charge for and take away next??

Can AT&T do one more thing to turn people away from buying their new "the world's most powerful smartphone?"

Mentor

• 

106 Messages

13 years ago

And now a reply from AT&T clarifying:

http://admin.androidcentral.com/att-clarifies-their-4g-policy

Sorry for the panic.

Guru

• 

56 Messages

13 years ago

It does not matter, even if you thought you still have unlimited, your wrong, ALL unlimited plans have been changed to 5 gig..

http://forums.att.com/t5/LaptopConnect-Tethering-for/Laptop-Data-Connect-Unlimited-Plan/m-p/2665671#M15891

BATSmiley Mad

Mentor

• 

106 Messages

13 years ago

5GB is still good with me. I constantly bust the 2GB level, but haven't yet used over 5GB. I even have Wifi around me 75% of my day. So, I'm good with "Unlimited" being capped at 5; take that away and I start to have a problem. I pay good $ to have NBA League Pass Mobile each year and I want to be able to watch the games anywhere I'm at, Wifi or not.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

13 years ago

This link shows the info about the Atrix data plans. Per current AT&T policy, if you currently have an unlimited Smartphone data plan, you can keep it when switching to a new Smartphone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Check with AT&T, if you signed up for unlimited data plan before it was capped, then you still have truely unlimited data. I have checked with AT&T, and I'm still covered under the truely unlimited plan.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

I am trying to pre-order the phone now.  But when I get to check out, the price of the phone goes from $199 to $299. 

Guru

• 

56 Messages

13 years ago

$199 AFTER $100 rebate Smiley Surprised

BAT

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I have the same problem - I am switching from iPhone to Atrix but I have family plan and iPhone related data plans etc. I am hoping talking to someone at AT&T Sales will probably help. Issue is there is no way to change the phone/device and plan if you have a group/family plan and/or iPhone data plans. AT&T should really fix this to make it convienent for its customers. iPhone is a poor phone and those who want to switch should be able to do so without much hassle. I paid dearly for the iPhone at $400 and now I cannot switch even though I have had that stupid phone for over 2 years.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

so let me get this straight, right now i'm on Iphon/unlimited data plan and i'm planning to switch to the Atrix. When I do I will loose my unlimited data plan? ATT is forcing me to get the new 4g plan?

Thanks ATT, thanks alot.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

No. Your unlimited plan will be honored.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.