For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bkmaxey's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 11:26 PM

Brand new Moto X Battery issue?

My wife just got a Moto X Friday. we let it charge overnight and Sunday at work, her battery totally drained. She barely uses it, generally some texting, but no surfing or anything. The only apps she has installed are The Weather Channel app and Zedge. I updated to 4.4 yesterday and when she texted earlier she was at 14% after about 9 hours, mostly unused.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Moto X out of the box?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

You may have checked this, but it sounds like she has things running in the background. I'd see what apps are running continually. Also, the more widgets you have on the home screen, the more battery is lost. Turn off bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS when not needed. Lower screen brightness to an acceptable level. also helps to download a battery saver like Juice Defender to help out with settings. If I am rehashing what you already know, I'm sorry. Don't know your Android background 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Out of the box, and also after a major update, the battery meter needs to be recalibrated and cannot be trusted to be accurate until calibrated.  Charge the phone to full (and let it sit on the charger at 100% for another hour or more, to ensure any saturation charge is achieved) then use the phone until about 10-20% (draining to shutdown is not recommended).

It still might be that you have some type of battery drain issue.  But at least this will eliminate the possibility that an improperly calibrated battery meter is the culprit.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the help. I know enough about Android that a phone should last more than a few hours with very limited use 🙂

i have installed Juice Defender, and we'll have to see tomorrow, but it might be a hardware issue with this one.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Juice defender won't help much. I would try doing a factory reset. Sometimes when upgrading to new android version you need to do a factory data reset

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help. After using a few suggestions here, we actually started to have some very good battery life.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.