For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
HibbsBibbs's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 10th, 2016 4:59 AM

Bought Note7 at Sam's Club - Cannot Return It (Yet?!?!)

I bought my Note 7 at Sam's Club on August 27th, and was notified about the recall on September 2nd. I of course wished to exchange for an "interim device" while I waited for the fixed Note 7s to come out, as it's the Note 7 that I would prefer to end up with. I went through Sam's Club for their gift card promotion, which I did receive (a $150 Sam's Club gift card)

But when I asked them about the interim device they had no knowledge of an exchange program. They in fact took several days to finally tell me that I should HANG ON to my defective Note 7 until the new ones came out. I asked about the interim device plan and they said that sure, I could exchange my Note 7 for another 7 device but that due to Sam's Club's return/exchange policy, that I ultimately had only 14 days from my purchase date to get my final phone in my hand.

This means that if I had exchanged my faulty Note 7 for a Galaxy, I only had until TOMORROW to reply on Samsung/AT&T getting the new Note 7s to Sam's Club. Needless to say, I still have my Note 7.

Then just now I received a text saying to power down immediately and return my phone to AT&T.

Dude.

I'm getting tired of this run-around.

I will be calling Sam's Club, corporate if need be, tomorrow to complain and probably slightly freak out on the phone about why they think it's okay to be an AT&T authorized retailer and not participate in the interim device exchange program. In the meantime, their customers are walking around with potentially deadly phones they're not supposed to use and they are telling us, "Just hang onto it."

Rant over! I'm just upset.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

That is almost the exact response I got from best buy. They could not accept my phone back because i didn't have the box. If I found the box they would exchange my note 7 with an s7 edge but could not allow a second exchange for the new note 7 once they were fixed.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for replying to my rant! One reason why I wanted to buy the phone at Sam’s Club was because of the $99 deductible, but after being on the phone for AT&T for 30 minutes this morning I learned my AT&T insurance is still on my plan, and because I have been paying on it for more than 2 years that my deductible may be $99 due to a declining deductible.

I’m going in today to investigate, and I might end up just returning the phone to Sam’s Club, getting my S5 turned back on, and then purchasing the Note 7 at AT&T when they get the new ones in. Finger’s crossed!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

can we just return a note7 purchased somewhere else to a local AT&T retailer?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

No.  Now that the recall is official, all retailers must except a return of exchange of the phone.  

If you need to, call Samsung from the retail store and let them tell them they have to take the phone back.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I was told by Sam’s Club to return it to AT&T, and I was told by AT&T to return it to Sam’s Club. Since Sam’s Club wasn’t doing an exchange program like the AT&T stores are, I returned it to Sam’s for a full refund and will re-buy when the fixed Note 7s come out. I spent so much useless time on the phone trying to get an answer out of Sam’s Club, AT&T and Samsung, it seemed the best course of action for me.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Seriously? You got a gift card from Sams; ATT isn't going to refund your full price, leaving you with $150 as profit. I know, I know, you don't really want a refund, you want a working Note 7. But look at ATT's point of view. They didn't sell you the phone, why should they fix your problem?

This is Samsungs problem to fix, not ATT's.You need to go back to Sams if you want a full refund.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.