Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2013
12:01:28 AM
Bootloader unlock for Xperia Ion now that you have dropped it AT&T

I am making this post on behalf of many AT&T Xperia ion users who would like to see the bootloader unlocked for the ion (LT28at) especially now that AT&T has dropped it.  They no longer sell it and will not be releasing the upcoming JB update for the ion.  I have confirmed with Sony developers it is AT&T's call to allow the unlock so don't pass this off as Sony's issue.  

I am making this post on behalf of many AT&T Xperia ion users who would like to see the bootloader unlocked for the ion (LT28at) especially now that AT&T has dropped it.  They no longer sell it and will not be releasing the upcoming JB update for the ion.  I have confirmed with Sony developers it is AT&T's call to allow the unlock so don't pass this off as Sony's issue.  

Bootloader unlock for Xperia Ion now that you have dropped it AT&T

3 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2013 10:11:05 PM
(0)
Contributor
Yeah I agree with Spectre51, It's about time you guys unlock the bootloader for this wonderful device.
Yeah I agree with Spectre51, It's about time you guys unlock the bootloader for this wonderful device.

Re: Bootloader unlock for Xperia Ion now that you have dropped it AT&T

2 of 4 (9,917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 9:08:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.

3 of 4 (8,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 7:56:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've tried unsuccessfully to get this phone unlocked through the proper channels. This is the final straw for me. I've been an AT&T wireless customer for 15+ years...suffered through all the outages, the dropped calls, the switch to Cingular, the switch back, and the many times AT&T has decided the plan they originally offered was too good a deal for me so they would try their best to get me to cut down.

I will make sure everyone I let everyone know my experiences with AT&T and will urge current customers, including my company, to look elsewhere for wireless service.

I've tried unsuccessfully to get this phone unlocked through the proper channels. This is the final straw for me. I've been an AT&T wireless customer for 15+ years...suffered through all the outages, the dropped calls, the switch to Cingular, the switch back, and the many times AT&T has decided the plan they originally offered was too good a deal for me so they would try their best to get me to cut down.

I will make sure everyone I let everyone know my experiences with AT&T and will urge current customers, including my company, to look elsewhere for wireless service.

4 of 4 (6,224 Views)