For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lynnerae's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 28th, 2017 4:00 PM

Boot loop issues - LGV10

All my LGV10 phones out of manufacturer warranty. In our 15 month and 3 out 4 phones were victims to the infuriating boot loop issue.

Back in November 2016, my daughter's LGV10 was victim to the boot loop issue that LGV10's are going through. We went to an AT&T store and they swapped out her phone to a Samsung Note 5 with no problems. Happy customer.

December 2016, my LGV10 phone was working perfectly fine and have had it for 14 months. Then on Christmas Eve, it stopped working and fell victim to the boot loop issue. I took it into AT&T and because the white dot showed that water hit it, I have to pay to fix my phone regardless if it was working just fine before the boot loop crash. They also told me they cannot swap out my phone for another brand and have to deal with LG to fix it. I was not happy.

AT&T gave me a 1-800 # to contact LG to see if they might repair for free because it really is the boot loop issue that caused my phone to crash. I called LG and got the run around, was told to call different #"s and then was eventually told they don't have technical assistance and can't help me. They also told me that because it's outside the manufacturer's warranty period, I am responsible for repair fees that will apply. Infuriating. So now I was stuck paying off a phone that doesn't work. Extremely infuriated and not a happy customer at all.

In January 2017, my other daughter's LGV10 phone got locked into the boot loop issue and now had an unworkable phone. Went down to AT&T center again. Was told they can't help us with the issue and that we needed to contact LG. Our phones have passed the warranty period so we would need to pay a $112 deductible for each phone for replacements.

I cannot believe that within 3 months, I've had 3 LGV10 phones go through this manufacturer defect. Yet I am forced to pay to replace these phones when it wasn't our fault. This boot loop issue is a nightmare. Dealing with LG is a nightmare. I have one more LGV10 phone that my husband has and hoping that it doesn't result in this same mess.

On Thursday, 01/19/17, I contacted AT&T to discuss my dilemma. The AT&T rep gave me information to contact LG and I told her no thank you because I have had no luck reaching anyone. She told me that if I can get through to LG they may be able to fix the issue and send us replacements at no cost, if they indeed find that it is a manufacturer defect. I told her that I get nowhere with LG and resigned to the fact that since the warranties are over, I'll have to pay the $112 deductible for each phone replacement.

Why couldn't our phones be swapped out to another brand like my first daughter was able to? Why am I forced to keep using an LGV10 phone when all they experience is this boot loop issue? I'm not happy because if this happens again, I'm forced to yet pay more deductibles for replacements!!

I'm very disappointed that phones are being sold that have manufacturer defects to customers. A carrier is supposed to protect their customers in order to retain them. When you are protected, this shows that the carrier cares about their customers, not treat them as though they don't matter.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

LG is bad news, period. AT&T should do customers a big favor by dropping that brand.

I recently went to the Detroit Auto Show. Saw this Chevrolet Bolt electric car. I found out it was developed with LG. I regretted I wasted my time in looking at it.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T doesn't manufacture any phone. They don't cover the warranty either, the manufacturers do. Outside of the 1 year warranty period it's all up to LG.

Even inside the warranty period AT&T cannot do anything other than replace with the exact same model. Why? Because the warranty is covered by the manufacturer. It is a breach of contracual obligations. LG is the warranty provider and they're not providing Samsungs as replacements.

Every single carrier will tell you the exact same thing. Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. No one is going to deviate from the warranty policies of the manufacturer of the phones. It's all on them.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

If I were you, I would get as many working as possible, and pay to upgrade with trade in.

Or just buy a replacement.  There are options.  The Moto pure edition sells unlocked for $250, the Moto G4 play is about $150.   I refuse to buy a phone I can't afford to pay full price for, so none of our phones were purchased from ATT.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.