Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2011
7:08:59 AM
View profile
Bluetooth question

My husband is thinking of getting an HTC Inspire. It's between that and an iphone 3GS.

On my 3GS when I press the button on my Bluetooth headset, i can say call 'name of contact' and it will say calling 'name of contact'. If there are multiple choices it will say 'mutliple choices, mobile or home' or something similar. Does the Inspire work the same way. At the ATT store the rep said it doesn't have voice activated dialing natively. That you would have to open an app and use that to voice dial.

Hope I am expaining myself clearly enough.

Thanks,
Carol

My husband is thinking of getting an HTC Inspire. It's between that and an iphone 3GS.

On my 3GS when I press the button on my Bluetooth headset, i can say call 'name of contact' and it will say calling 'name of contact'. If there are multiple choices it will say 'mutliple choices, mobile or home' or something similar. Does the Inspire work the same way. At the ATT store the rep said it doesn't have voice activated dialing natively. That you would have to open an app and use that to voice dial.

Hope I am expaining myself clearly enough.

Thanks,
Carol

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 28, 2011 1:57:59 PM
(0)
Employee

I have the Inspire and use it with a Jawbone Icon BT Headset for voice dialing...I press and hold the button on my headset, wait for the listening alert and then tell it what I want to do. Check your settings under Home>Menu>Settings>Voice INput & OUtput although I dont remember having to change anything there...

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 28, 2011 1:57:59 PM
(0)
Employee

I have the Inspire and use it with a Jawbone Icon BT Headset for voice dialing...I press and hold the button on my headset, wait for the listening alert and then tell it what I want to do. Check your settings under Home>Menu>Settings>Voice INput & OUtput although I dont remember having to change anything there...

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Bluetooth question

2 of 3 (703 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 7:50:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks.

Carol

Thanks.