Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bluboo S8 phone

Contributor

Bluboo S8 phone

I purchased a Chinese phone called a Bluboo S8. It is a nice looking phone but my SIM card is too large for the holder. Does this phone work on the AT&T network and if so, can I get a SIM card for it?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Sage

Re: Bluboo S8 phone

Return the phone.  US 3G requires bands 850 and 1900, and that phone brand has neither.  It also has no LTE bands for ATT.  It will never work.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

Yes you can get a sim it is a nano sim 

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

@Mark3372

A nano sim that WILL NOT WORK.  The phone is not compatible with US carriers

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

It has 850 and I have a Chinese phone with 700 and 2100 and that works with 3g

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Sage

@Mark3372

These are the online specs.  https://www.pdevice.com/product/bluboo-s8-price-specs

2G - doesn’t matter ATT has no 2G network

3G - North America  uses 850 and 1900, It claims to have 850 in some websites, which means it might get 3G, or you might have towers with no 850 Signal.  

LTE - ATT uses 2,4,5,12/17 and 30.  Of which the phone has NONE of these bands.  

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Mark3372 wrote:

It has 850 and I have a Chinese phone with 700 and 2100 and that works with 3g

@Mark3372

850 only in my area would net you ZERO I mean ZERO service as most towers are 1900

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

So why does my umidigi crystal work in marathon fl voice works great and I have 3g data ?

http://m.tomtop.com/p-pz0122b-eu-2.html

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Sage

@Mark3372

Based on the specs you posted, it’s not possible.  No 3G bands, no LTE bands.  

If you poke around, other websites say it has HSDPA 850.  That is one of the 2 required for 3G connection.  If you leave your 850 towers, into a 1900 tower area, you get nothing 

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by greenman9
‎12-20-2017 11:30 AM

The phone won’t work in USA. If the phone brought in Mainland China.

Bluboo phones sold in North America had different Spec.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support