The Samsung Galaxy S24
parmstrong's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 2:30 PM

Beware of new phone / upgrade and software updates.

Just upgraded two lines with samsung sgh-i337. One phone had version 4.3 android, the other 4.2.2

We left the ATT store and by the time we got home we had exceeded our data plan with the phones updating the software via mobile network.

Our original data plan was 300mb having used only 60mb a month in the past. 

I could be descriptive about how I feel, but I'll leave it at I'm not real happy.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi parmstrong,

I apologize about the software updates. The device must have been one of the last ones that had the old update on it, and the AT&T Software update should only update over WiFi. The Android 4.3 update is over 650MB in size, which would mean you went over 3 times.

Keep in mind that with LTE devices, data is used much faster.

For the data overages, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to  ATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

Hope this helps!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @parmstrong 

I'm sorry about your issue with data overage. I'm sure we can help you with that. Like Logo412 suggested, please send us a private message and one of our managers will contact you directly to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

parmstrong:

I would strongly suggest that you ugrade your data plan to at least a 2GB plan. The person that helped you should have warned you about having 2 LTE capable phones with such a low data plan. I would also suggest going into the settings menu within the Playstore and either selecting update over wifi only, or do not auto update apps. Unfortunately, you cannot disable those pesky push updates without root.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.