Battery drain after HTC Inspire software update

Mentor

Battery drain after HTC Inspire software update

Apparently this software update was available a few months earlier and I just got to know about it last week.

Android version 2.3.5, Sense 3.0, AT&T Software number 3.20.502.52 710RD

After this software update, I get very poor battery life, less than 6 hours compared to about 12 hours earlier.

Today my phone was at 70% battery when I reached work in the morning, I did not use my phone all day, wanted to make a call in the afternoon and it was at 15% battery remaining.

Anyone else having poor battery issues after this software update?

Message 1 of 3 (1,390 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Battery drain after HTC Inspire software update

Also noticed that phone has become laggy and freezes sometimes and I have to restart to get everything working again.

Is there a way to go back to the old software?

Message 2 of 3 (1,313 Views)
Master

Re: Battery drain after HTC Inspire software update

I've had the same issue with my HTC Inspire after the software upgrade.  I'm just hoping a future upgrade takes care of the issue.  I used to be able to go 2 days without charging and now it's lucky to last 8 hours.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Message 3 of 3 (1,012 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.