For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ry_TechLead's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 4:13 AM

Closed

Atrix 2 WiFi Problems

Have an A2 have interminttent wireless conections, ive had it since it came out. now i thought i was having problems with my router since it was kind of old, so i bought a new one. Now it still does the same thing, It will connect then about 3 to 5 min later drop signal but it still shows that its connected, if its on more than 20 min the wifi will shut off. I have checked all the settings and apps, there should be nothing causing this unless its a hardware problem, i have not had a resolve with CS with AT&T, would like to here from the community if any one else has had any of these problems, if so please state them below, i have also started a thread over at motorola owner forums about the A2 wifi problems.

Thanks guys

Sincerly 

Ryan

Lead Tech

P.S. Happy New Year

[edited for privacy]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I am still using 2.3.5 and it appears to be working fine on this version with the changed battery mode settings.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I reverted my device back to 2.3.5 and the wifi on/off issues went away.  Some of the other problems listed here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1423557, did not.

Over the weekend I exchanged my A2 for the SGS2.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the link. Guess I'll stay with the lower version - I prefer a working WiFi. Hopefully they'll work out some of the quirks!

Good luck with the SGS2! Really liked my old Impression,the only problem I had was when the time change occurred, twice a year my appointments would be off by one hour in the calendar.

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Interesting... since the 2.3.6 update for the Atrix 4G "broke" its wifi.  2.3.4 on the Atrix 4G had a working wi-fi/data connection and since they sent out 2.3.6, numerous people are reporting problems.  Sounds like there's something in 2.3.6 that both versions of the Atrix don't like.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

i have had my atrix now for almoat a year and never had wifi problems until the update. att exchanged my phone and still had problems. i called motorola they set it up for me to mail in my phone but thank god i did some reading online and found a article saying to change lease time on router and i did that and now no problems at all. i have a belkin router. hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

My daughter's HTC Inspire was stolen at college.  As a replacement we got the Atrix 2.  We purchased another for my other daughter, so we have two now.  The Inspire was having data usage around 80-90 MB because the WiFi access was working well.  Once we shipped the Atrix 2 off to college and got it going the trouble started.  The Artrix 2 has data usage in the mb range during the night while it is not being used.  In two weeks the phone has used 370 MB.  The data usage doesn't both me, but it falls of the wireless network and thus causes the 4G network be hit causing overage charges.  We have called Motorola and AT&T and it is still doing it.  My daughter took it into an AT&T store and 4 people looked at it and verified everything was set correctly.  We have put on the data saver (should not access any data in sleep mode) and still the phone access data updates in the middle of the night.  The other phone is doing the same thing, but the usage has been in the KB range so that phone has used 7 MB in the same time.    Another problem occurred with the replacement phone as a crack has developed in the screen (no it wasn't dropped).  No one will take it back now as it has physical damage.  I had to upgrade the data plan on the replacement phone until we can figure out what to do.  This phone has been used for about 2 1/2 weeks and was purchased Feb 20.  The AT&T store people said there is a bug in the android causing it to fall off WiFi in sleep mode.  I am not sure how to fix it.  Our router is older and we have little control over the routers at school.   Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

As absurd as this may sound, when I have lost my Wi-Fi connection at home on my Atrix-2 my Wi-Fi settings on phone show connected but my 'bars' on phone showing Wi-Fi signal are grayed out.  I have to go to phone settings and turn Wi-Fi 'off'.  Then turn Wi-Fi back 'on' again and bang.  Phone and router talk again.  For how long?  I do not sit there with a watch to find out.  I can only hope that phone is not transferring data from tower during Wi-Fi down time, thus eating up my data plan.  Is this a plot by AT&T?  One can only wonder.  Having your phone drop Wi-Fi connection while you are in your own home using an AT&T supplied wireless N router is suspicious at best. This is not the first time I have had problems with an Atrix-2 and AT&T supplied wireless router.  My last phone and router would not communicate at all. Any attempt to connect phone to router would re-boot router and kick all other devices (PCs, etc.) off the network.  Finally got a new phone, and... after many threats to change providers, a new wireless N router.  All was well until the new Android OS update. Now I have to watch my 'bars' (blue or gray) and change Wi-Fi settings accordingly.  This is a crock!!  I expect to see 'blue' bars showing Wi-Fi connectivity anytime while I am at home on an AT&T provided wireless network.  Loosing my Wi-Fi connection 'here' is not an option and not acceptible.  Using my 'away from home' data plan due to the ineptness of AT&T or 'planned subterfuge' is not acceptible. This may be my last contract with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I too got the WiFi connection loop issue, and mine was a simple fix: Simply downloaded an app called KeepWiFi, and the connection now stays constant!

Vizio XWR100 router. Atrix 2, Android 4.0.4

• 

4.4K Messages

10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.