For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ry_TechLead's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 4:13 AM

Closed

Atrix 2 WiFi Problems

Have an A2 have interminttent wireless conections, ive had it since it came out. now i thought i was having problems with my router since it was kind of old, so i bought a new one. Now it still does the same thing, It will connect then about 3 to 5 min later drop signal but it still shows that its connected, if its on more than 20 min the wifi will shut off. I have checked all the settings and apps, there should be nothing causing this unless its a hardware problem, i have not had a resolve with CS with AT&T, would like to here from the community if any one else has had any of these problems, if so please state them below, i have also started a thread over at motorola owner forums about the A2 wifi problems.

Thanks guys

Sincerly 

Ryan

Lead Tech

P.S. Happy New Year

[edited for privacy]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Purchased my Atrix 2 twenty days ago. The intermittent wifi issue started about a week ago and got worse each day. Now the phone's data will not work at all. It says I am connected to wifi and G but I cannot manage any data connections. Cannot find any setting issues. Will probably send phone back before grace period expires. It seems like a great phone. Hope this issue gets resolved. It's the primary reason I abandoned my Torch. Don

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm having wi-fi troubles with my Atrix 2 and my wife's Atrix 4G.  I'm not sure if your's is the same issue, but what I am experiencing appears to be a fairly widespread issue that has to do with IP addresses.  Android doesn't do a good job of renew IP addresses...so once your address expires, you have the problem you see.

Go in to the wi-fi settings menu on your phone.  It will hang on the Obtaining IP address from "wireless network name"...

There are some fixes that work intermittently out there that talk about setting a static IP address...then removing it, but that hasn't worked for me.  

Anyway, thought I'd pass this on to help in your search for an answer...I don't have a solution to this problem yet.

Good luck,

Craig

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I purchased my Atrix 2 on 12/29, and have experienced intermittent wifi issues for the last two days.  I know it is not my home wifi because my Ipad, laptop, and Samsung Infuse 4G have no problems.  It starts out saying 'Authenticating my wireless network', and after about 30 seconds it says it is disconnected and disabled.  Today I cannot connect at all.  I am ready to return the phone! 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

i've read a number of phones (perhaps all) have varying degrees of wifi connection problems.  and the predominate 'fix' being to filter your phone's mac address on your wireless router.  i've always done that anyway, so perhaps is why i've never had a wifi connection problem.  whenever i'm near a wifi hotspot, the little wavy lines always pop up on my atrix 2, showing i have a wifi connection.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Same here, and I've seen some posts about this on the Motorola forums. 

It ocasionally drops, or the icon stays grey, but the thing that bothers me the most is that it won't auto connect to known wifi spots until I reboot it. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I contacted AT&T warranty about my atrix 2 wifi problems.  I was advised that there was an update that motorla has authrozied at&t to send out to see if it helps the issue.  Sure enough I got a msg on my phone saying dm bootstrap new dm profile was added.  Has anyone heard anything like this?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

can u give me the exact number u called AT&T Warranty. I have been told nothing nor herd nothing from Motorola or AT&T. Today I went to the at&t store and was told nothing can be done to fix this issue, unless I did an insurance claim on it and it would cost$150.00. This is not acceptable . at least when I had sprint they would exchange the device in store was found to be faulty. But to be told I have to pay for it is completely out of the question. If that is the case why is there a manufacturers warranty on the phone. Any insight in how you got the AT&T rep to admit there was a update, or how to get this pushed to your phone

Thanks
sincerely.
Ryan
Lead Tech.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I called 1-800-801-1101 option number 3.  I started at around 12:00 p.m. Yesterday.  It was a lengthy process.  They sent me a dm file ota and told me to try that for 24 hours.  They called back this morning and asked me if the Atrix 2 was an android phone.  Made me reset the phone yet again and set a commitment to call me back in 2 hours.  3 hours went by with no returned call so I called them.  The lady I spoke with said there was degraded towers in my area and that could be causing my problem.  When I asked her how towers could cause my wifi to turn it's self off she told me to contact tech support. So she transferred me to tech and they said they wasn't sure why the warranty department sent me to them. However the tech lady was the most knowledgeable person I've talked to.  She said that even if there were degraded towers that it would not cause issues with wifi.  So she shipped me out a replacement phone.  Now I just wait to receive it and see if my problem is any better.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

really I was told by the Warranty Dept that they will not replace the device because the wifi is not under warranty it falls under software not hardware

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

hmmm, i have to strongly disagree with the warranty dept's assessment.  yes, the wifi radio is controlled by software, but the wifi radio itself is a chip or part of a chip, which is hardware.  so the warranty dept is wrong.  that's like saying because the battery indicator in the toolbar on your notebook is dead, your notebook isn't covered by the warranty even if the battery dies.

i was just looking at the wifi settings on my atrix 2, are you absolutely sure you've gone in there and changed the settings back and forth, and the proper settings are saved? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.