The Samsung Galaxy S24
Recondau's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 22nd, 2018 1:50 AM

At&t note 4 vs. Unlocked at&t note 4.

Is there Eddie major difference between a standard AT&T Note 4 and an unlocked version? I was looking at two different phones on Amazon and unlocked one is about $80 more than the other. Does an unlocked Note 4 still come with bloatware? Is also if I buy the standard AT&T phone fully paid for, will they still lock it when I bring it into service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Samsung is notorious for bloat, so I guarantee you will still have quite a bit on the phone.

The AT&T version will allow Enhanced calling features including video calling, Wi-Fi calling ,and HD voice. These are all features for postpaid accounts.

If you’re using the phone on pre-paid it will not matter. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

A factory unlocked AT&T Note4 will work on  other gsm networks and is therfore more valuable.  The locked version is locked to AT&T only.  You can get a phone unlocked by getting the code from the provider, AT&T in this case (usually free) or by paying a small fee of $15-$50 through online services.  All my phones are unlocked, because I travel internationally and need to swap out sim cards.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Dadto5

Inoperable as in “won’t turn on”?  Or not transferring information when it is on?

mine is up to date and working fine.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, I moved my post.  But inop as in won't transfer data.  It shows that it's on.  Apps reconize it, Android Pay and Android Beam for example.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

You know what?  I just popped off my case and back cover what I thought was an OEM battery is not.  I'm ordering an OEM one right now off Amazon.  We'll see if that fixes it.  It should I believe.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Unlikely.  Clearing system cache, might.  So might a dreaded factory reset.  Try reboot and see if that helps.

@GLIMMERMAN76 might have other suggestions

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Unlikely.  Clearing system cache, might.  So might a dreaded factory reset.  Try reboot and see if that helps.

@GLIMMERMAN76 might have other suggestions

A battery is a battery....  OEM or not when it comes to removable batteries.  I personally would not waste money on a OLD phone like the note 4...  Note 5 would be best if its in the budget..  The note 4 wont get anymore updates and the unlocked version was forgot about by samsung in fall of 2016.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  Yes, but some keep devices till they drop and don’t like sealed back phones 

Can you advise how to clear cache?

otherwise I can only suggest factory reset.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76  Yes, but some keep devices till they drop and don’t like sealed back phones 

Can you advise how to clear cache?

otherwise I can only suggest factory reset.

@lizdance40

Clear the cache the same on every samsung phone

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-4

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.