Explore & discover

Helpful Links

At&t note 4 vs. Unlocked at&t note 4.

Highlighted
Contributor

At&t note 4 vs. Unlocked at&t note 4.

Is there Eddie major difference between a standard AT&T Note 4 and an unlocked version? I was looking at two different phones on Amazon and unlocked one is about $80 more than the other. Does an unlocked Note 4 still come with bloatware? Is also if I buy the standard AT&T phone fully paid for, will they still lock it when I bring it into service?

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎01-22-2018 5:32 AM

Re: At&t note 4 vs. Unlocked at&t note 4.

Samsung is notorious for bloat, so I guarantee you will still have quite a bit on the phone.

The AT&T version will allow Enhanced calling features including video calling, Wi-Fi calling ,and HD voice. These are all features for postpaid accounts.

If you’re using the phone on pre-paid it will not matter. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17
Contributor

Thank you very much for responding so quickly.

Message 3 of 17
Tutor

A factory unlocked AT&T Note4 will work on  other gsm networks and is therfore more valuable.  The locked version is locked to AT&T only.  You can get a phone unlocked by getting the code from the provider, AT&T in this case (usually free) or by paying a small fee of $15-$50 through online services.  All my phones are unlocked, because I travel internationally and need to swap out sim cards.

Message 4 of 17
ACE - Sage

@Dadto5

Inoperable as in “won’t turn on”?  Or not transferring information when it is on?

mine is up to date and working fine.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 17
Tutor

Sorry, I moved my post.  But inop as in won't transfer data.  It shows that it's on.  Apps reconize it, Android Pay and Android Beam for example.

Message 6 of 17
Tutor

You know what?  I just popped off my case and back cover what I thought was an OEM battery is not.  I'm ordering an OEM one right now off Amazon.  We'll see if that fixes it.  It should I believe.

Message 7 of 17
ACE - Sage

Unlikely.  Clearing system cache, might.  So might a dreaded factory reset.  Try reboot and see if that helps.

@GLIMMERMAN76 might have other suggestions

Message 8 of 17
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

Unlikely.  Clearing system cache, might.  So might a dreaded factory reset.  Try reboot and see if that helps.

@GLIMMERMAN76 might have other suggestions

A battery is a battery....  OEM or not when it comes to removable batteries.  I personally would not waste money on a OLD phone like the note 4...  Note 5 would be best if its in the budget..  The note 4 wont get anymore updates and the unlocked version was forgot about by samsung in fall of 2016.

Message 9 of 17
ACE - Sage

@GLIMMERMAN76  Yes, but some keep devices till they drop and don’t like sealed back phones 

Can you advise how to clear cache?

otherwise I can only suggest factory reset.

Message 10 of 17
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76  Yes, but some keep devices till they drop and don’t like sealed back phones 

Can you advise how to clear cache?

otherwise I can only suggest factory reset.

@lizdance40

Clear the cache the same on every samsung phone

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-4

Message 11 of 17
ACE - Sage

@GLIMMERMAN76  Thanks you!

Message 12 of 17
Tutor

@GLIMMERMAN76  &

@lizdance40

A new OEM battery fixed my NFC problems.  The aftermarket battery did not have an NFC chip in it.

Thank you for your help. 

Message 13 of 17
ACE - Sage

@Dadto5  

Um. That’s interesting as @GLIMMERMAN76 wrote, a battery is a battery, there is no NFC chip.

Message 14 of 17
Tutor

Re: At

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support