The Samsung Galaxy S24
izzybaz's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 6:05 PM

Are AT&T still rolling out update to Galaxy S4?

I have not received the OTA update for KitKat for my Samsung Galaxy S4 yet.  It seems like it's been out for at least a week or so.  I also can't update via Kies.  It says my phone's firmware is incompatible with using Kies to update.  

Are the updates not done rolling out yet?  I can't even manually force it to download.  It say "Update Interrupted, please try again in 24 hours."

Help?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same here!  Tried clearing cache in updater and changing time/date in phone.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

You wont be able to update via Kies. The setting AT&T has is to update only via air via WiFi.

Ensure your phone is 100% charged and have a complete WiFi signal connection.

If your phone is not 100% or the WiFi drops while downloading, the firmware download will be cancelled.

Go go around the 24 hours, you would need to change the date on your phone one day ahead and select again the check for update.

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

@izzybaz ,

Did you get the update? Let us know if you need help!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Still no luck here and I did try what that other poster suggested. Same message. Software update interrupted.

Sad face.

I've about given up. My phone is not rooted. Maybe I should reset to factory and try? Maybe it's over of my apps?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I'm having that same issue myself - software update interrupted. Tried 4g only, and a couple of different wifi connections (work, home) with the same message. Stock device, fairly new. Perplexing.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

I never did get the update. Although...seems like many are having problems with kit Kat. Is it worth resetting to factory settings and trying to update?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Still no update on my phone.  I am at 4.3, not rooted.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

10 years ago

It's very strange some have not received the update yet?? I received it weeks ago, not sure if it's being released by location/area but I'm in northeast PA, but in my case it wanted to be done via WiFi only. 

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I just got 4.3 a few months ago and no problems even though many complained about multiple issues.  I've had no issues at all.

What update has been released since 4.3 and what are the changes?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.