Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 14, 2011
4:59:27 PM
View profile
Any non-android updates for my xperia x10a
Edited by ToledoJAB on Jan 14, 2011 at 5:35:54 PM

I've had my x10 since NOV. 24.  I've have been keeping tabs on when the android 2.1 update is to be released, but I have not seen any AT&T updates at all.  I see that SE has released non-android updates.  Did I miss them.  I use both SEUS and PC companion but have not been notified of any updates.  I also use the in-phone update service with no results.  I have read that the updates have provided performance increases.  Did my phone update without my knowing?  My phone specs from :settings/about phone/  firmware ver. 1.6; baseband ver 1.1.32; kernel ver 2.6.29-rel semc-android@SEMC #2; build number R2CA016.  Any info is gladly welcome. 

I've had my x10 since NOV. 24.  I've have been keeping tabs on when the android 2.1 update is to be released, but I have not seen any AT&T updates at all.  I see that SE has released non-android updates.  Did I miss them.  I use both SEUS and PC companion but have not been notified of any updates.  I also use the in-phone update service with no results.  I have read that the updates have provided performance increases.  Did my phone update without my knowing?  My phone specs from :settings/about phone/  firmware ver. 1.6; baseband ver 1.1.32; kernel ver 2.6.29-rel semc-android@SEMC #2; build number R2CA016.  Any info is gladly welcome. 

From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2011 5:51:26 AM
(0)
Scholar
At&t got the device in August so it already had the first update. There is another update coming for multi - touch.

As far as I know all the other providers worldwide have either sent out the updates or are in the proces of doing so, all except at&t that is.

It is not possible to get the 2.1 on a at&t branded ROM until they release it and there has not been announcements when.

There will not be a 2.2 from SE as far as I know but it will be available other ways.
Accepted Solution

Any non-android updates for my xperia x10a

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 8:37:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
At&t has not bashed out any updates to the X10. I am not sure what you mean by non-Android updates but yes SE does have updates out. Your device is in OS 1.6 and you will not get any updates unless pushed out by at&t.

Those that have updated, including me have flashed the phone with a generic ROM to get it and yes the performance has improved.
At&t has not bashed out any updates to the X10. I am not sure what you mean by non-Android updates but yes SE does have updates out. Your device is in OS 1.6 and you will not get any updates unless pushed out by at&t.

Those that have updated, including me have flashed the phone with a generic ROM to get it and yes the performance has improved.

Re: Any non-android updates for my xperia x10a

2 of 5 (2,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 9:45:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ToledoJAB on Jan 14, 2011 at 9:59:03 PM

I've found on the SE website there are 3 software updates released by SE. The first was a non-os update, meaning on 6/24/10 the build was updated not the android version, then on 11/1/10 they released the android 2.1 update, then on 12/21/10 they updated the build for droid 2.1 .  I wanted to see if anyone still branded has ever received the first build update from June.  According to the SE blogs that update was a big time performance boost.  For now I'll stay branded till they get a full 2.2 rom working since they biggest upgrade bonus for me will be flashplayer and app-2-SD. 

I've found on the SE website there are 3 software updates released by SE. The first was a non-os update, meaning on 6/24/10 the build was updated not the android version, then on 11/1/10 they released the android 2.1 update, then on 12/21/10 they updated the build for droid 2.1 .  I wanted to see if anyone still branded has ever received the first build update from June.  According to the SE blogs that update was a big time performance boost.  For now I'll stay branded till they get a full 2.2 rom working since they biggest upgrade bonus for me will be flashplayer and app-2-SD. 

From my XPERIA ION LT28at XDA: saving AT&T phones 1 FLASH @ a time.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (2,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 15, 2011 5:51:26 AM
(0)
Scholar
At&t got the device in August so it already had the first update. There is another update coming for multi - touch.

As far as I know all the other providers worldwide have either sent out the updates or are in the proces of doing so, all except at&t that is.

It is not possible to get the 2.1 on a at&t branded ROM until they release it and there has not been announcements when.

There will not be a 2.2 from SE as far as I know but it will be available other ways.

4 of 5 (1,986 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2011 7:01:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
The X10 will now be slated for Gingerbread OS in the second or third quarter, according to SE's blog. This is a HUGE announcement, because they announced it would stay on 2.1. Backup and Restore software from SE is incompatible with 2.3,so this might be the sign at&t was looking for.
I JUST HOPE WE WILL BE GETTING THIS NEW UPDATE, MEANS WE CAN get apps meant for models 2.-and higher.
The X10 will now be slated for Gingerbread OS in the second or third quarter, according to SE's blog. This is a HUGE announcement, because they announced it would stay on 2.1. Backup and Restore software from SE is incompatible with 2.3,so this might be the sign at&t was looking for.
I JUST HOPE WE WILL BE GETTING THIS NEW UPDATE, MEANS WE CAN get apps meant for models 2.-and higher.

5 of 5 (1,303 Views)