The Samsung Galaxy S24
billq906's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2018 2:14 PM

Android update 01/29/18 battery drain

I have a Note 8 that previously would have at minimum 20% at the end of the day with bluetooth and wifi both on, and listening to music. I can now literally watch the battery drain as I type this message.  How do I back out an "upgrade"?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@billq906 wrote:

I have a Note 8 that previously would have at minimum 20% at the end of the day with bluetooth and wifi both on, and listening to music. I can now literally watch the battery drain as I type this message.  How do I back out an "upgrade"?

@billq906

Once a update is applied to the phone it is there to stay...  Clear your system cache....

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I never saw the Android logo. I saw a warning about installing a
non-standard OS, and rather than do that I hit continue.
I got a screen with small text in the upper left saying..

CARRIER: ATT
RPMB: fuse blown
RPMB: PROVISIONED
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS : Official
FRP LOCK : ON
WARRANTY VOID : 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT : ENABLE
RP SWREV : B3(1.1.1.1.1) K1 S3
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
DID : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then, in the middle of the screen, a large arrow pointing down, and
under that "Downloading... Do not turn off target"

It has been on this screen for an hour.

If this wiped my phone, I'm going to be more than just a little upset.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@billq906

just turn the phone off by holding the power button till it powers down...  You ended up in the wrong menu.  You did hold the bixby key and volume up then hit the power button right?  Volume down will take you into the menu your in.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The wipe cache completed, as instructed..  (Sorry for not following directions in the first place, and the panic...)

The jury is still out on whether or not this solved the battery drain.  I will report back either way.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@billq906 wrote:

The wipe cache completed, as instructed..  (Sorry for not following directions in the first place, and the panic...)

The jury is still out on whether or not this solved the battery drain.  I will report back either way.

With a cache wipe wait a few days to give judgment.  Also I would look in the battery tab and see what is eating your battery could be a rouge app...  No worries on the panic...  I knew what you did when you posted....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.