Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

Contributor

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?
Message 19 of 131
Contributor

Re: Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

I'm happy to see S6 and S6 Edge are finally getting the 6.01 update. However I'm wondering why the S6 Edge plus did not get the update too. There is no difference in the software for this iteration. The only difference is the size of the phone. I really hope At&t plans to update the edge plus model soon. I guess I will know better in the future than to buy the more expensive model because it seems they are always the last phones to get the updates.
Message 121 of 131
Mentor

Hello,

Is the S5 included?

Message 122 of 131
Mentor

S5 apparently was not included with S6.

Any idea when???????

Message 123 of 131
ACE - Expert

@Jj8279

Capture.PNG

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 124 of 131
Mentor

@kojak35.   Agreed. I'm happy for the others, but, they act as if this smartphone never existed. I'll keep the phone for awhile and give serious thought to updating to another phone with at&t.  I'll just wait and get them used on eBay or Amazon.  This phone, phablet(whatever) is a beautiful phone and works great.  Battery sucks as with most phones that see a lot of activity. LOL, the BlackBerry Priv has already received Marshmallow update and at&t is slowly getting around to us. I believe some older model Androids already have the update as well. Truly disappointed. 

Message 125 of 131
Contributor

Hello, i am from Romania and i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone from at&t, i vahe an update of android 5.02, what can i do to have android 6.02? When i chec in settings for a new update it sey's thet this is the softwere. Pleas help me. Thank you. Hello, i am from Romania and i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone from at&t, i vahe an update of android 5.02, what can i do to have android 6.02? When i chec in settings for a new update it sey's thet this is the softwere. Pleas help me. Thank you.
Message 126 of 131
ACE - Expert

@uriasu wrote:
Hello, i am from Romania and i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone from at&t, i vahe an update of android 5.02, what can i do to have android 6.02? When i chec in settings for a new update it sey's thet this is the softwere. Pleas help me. Thank you. Hello, i am from Romania and i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone from at&t, i vahe an update of android 5.02, what can i do to have android 6.02? When i chec in settings for a new update it sey's thet this is the softwere. Pleas help me. Thank you.

@uriasu

ATT does not update phones that are not on there network so you will not get updates.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 127 of 131

Re: Marshmallow 6. update

We are fustrated about the delay in the update of to Android 6 or marshmallow. We cannot get a straight answer from AT&T nor can we find any answers on blogs or other sources on the internet. All the major and minor carriers have upgraded their versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6 plus .AT&T has upgraded older phones like the S6 .The Samsung Galaxy S6 plus is one of AT&T's flagship phone! what is going on? If there is a problem with this upgrade just reveal it to your customers. Back in March, the various blogs stated that the upgrade has started. Yet It is not here! Is is to much for AT&T to communicate with their customers to keep them informed about the status or schedule for an upgraded. Stringing term along month over month is not a way to instill customer conference
Message 128 of 131
Contributor

What about the note5 6.0 .update :N920AUCU2BPE6..why is AT&T refused to release this Stable update to the Note 5.I running this update, and i have absolutely no problems???
Message 129 of 131
Contributor

Hi!!

I'm from Angola and I have a smartphone galaxy sg6 powered by AT&T, but only problem it does not update for a new software..The current version is lollypop 5.0.2.

Please help it drive me crazy...

Message 130 of 131
ACE - Sage

@Luquebi wrote:

Hi!!

I'm from Angola and I have a smartphone galaxy sg6 powered by AT&T, but only problem it does not update for a new software..The current version is lollypop 5.0.2.

Please help it drive me crazy...

@Luquebi

You cannot get OTA updates on carrier branded phones unless you are in the US and using an Carrier SIM card.    

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 131 of 131
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support