Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

Contributor

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?
Message 19 of 131
ACE - Expert

Re: Is there a technical reason for the Half Year delay in relase of Marshmallow for the S6?

@MAllow wrote:
"Well when I buy a carrier branded phone I look at as it may never get updated. If you want updates in a timely manner on android nexus is the only way to go. Hey there 50 bucks off for the next month" Why would any expect to get a phone that wont update? Who thinks like that? If I get a phone, I expect my phone to be secured and optimized at the least. Anything else is just inexcusable. It is shame because that mind set shouldn't even exist if updates would arrive on time in my opinion.

@MAllow

Your G3 is the perfect example....  Its been forgoten for the most part.  No 5.1.1 update when other carriers got it.  Did you see an uproar over it?  No because the g3 like the g4 LG fumbled on and has not done much with them.  The v10 was released because the g4 was so bad.  I had the g3 battery life was poor because of the screen.  Now I do hope the g3 see's MM but something tells me since it didnt get 5.1.1 it may not see MM.  I had a g3 it was a mah phone.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 91 of 131
Scholar

Re: Is there a technical reason for the Half Year delay in relase of Marshmallow for the S6?

I agree but I do keep my brightness about 50% but the way they deigned the UI on the G3 it does get very laggy. Nova Launcher was my only option to fully optimize it and which I had to 'right' some of the wrongs that LG has made.
Message 92 of 131
ACE - Expert

@Windorf wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

It was poor reporting. Just a service rep trying to help. His actions were great. He just didn't have the correct info infront of him. However AT&T should have noticed the widespread of it and knicked it in the butt instantly instead of letting everyone go on false hope then getting mad. Something like, "We are sorry for the inconvience that a false date has appeared. It will not be done at that time given, but it is coming." Any reasonable company would have given that statement. Well one that has it's consumers needs at heart. It doesn't say a time, just stops the "Why?" questions from happeneing you mentioned. And even if there was a GSM hold up. AT&T should be right behind them with the update. But a week has went by and other phones are getting updated before the main flagship phone can even get updated. It's pretty pathetic. I'm a competitive person, I would want to be the first to release the update, especially if there were million of subscribers to my network. I know there are politics involved and other things, but they just need to push harder if they have more work to do instead of giving up.

@Windorf

Nice well writen post.  I have to agree its getting old.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 93 of 131

Service rep aside, What is the reason AT&T is lagging the rest of the pack in releasing 6.0.1 ?, e.g. see http://www.galaxys6edgeupdate.com/galaxy-s6-stock-firmware/

Message 94 of 131
ACE - Expert

@penelope73 wrote:

Service rep aside, What is the reason AT&T is lagging the rest of the pack in releasing 6.0.1 ?, e.g. see http://www.galaxys6edgeupdate.com/galaxy-s6-stock-firmware/

I love how ATT has NA by the whole list.  except the active which was leaked.

Message 95 of 131
Guru

@penelope73

Honestly, I would try getting ahold of someone at Samsung to see if anyone there has heard anything from ATT about what's taking so long for the update to be released.  It's a shot in the dark, but, there's a greater chance of getting some form of an informative answer out of Samsung than there is of getting any kind of answer other than the "canned" answer out of ATT.  

Message 96 of 131
Tutor

@penelope73

The main reason that AT&T lags behind, is they have to take the OS from Samsung, then load and test their own proprietary apps e.g. AT&T Navigator and AT&T Mail. They must make money. But I personally don't use them and they just take up space. But if one of those apps don't work with the new OS they must redesign the whole code/app, which could be a very lengthy process. AT&T has the most bloatware also, so that makes the process longer. Not the first or even second time I've seen AT&T fall in dead last by many miles with updates.
Message 97 of 131

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Marshmallow

Still no update and no idea when? Just an idea would be nice. There are only 10 more days left in April. Will we have it before May? Looking at moving my family to T-Mobile. We know there isn't any issues with Marshmallow as the S7 has it.

Tags (1)
Message 98 of 131
ACE - Expert

@Thirsty4Media

the s7 has it but runs on a different processor.  The s7 runs on the sd820.  All the s6 series and note 5 have samsungs own exynos silicon.  There is a lot of programing that goes into the drivers and api's for that stuff.  The radios are also different since there on the chip.

Message 99 of 131

Nice to see that someone is getting Marshmallow on AT&T Smiley Happy

LG V10 Marshmallow update now available from AT&T

Message 100 of 131
ACE - Expert

Message 101 of 131
Mentor

This is becoming a joke. I have had this phone since it was released in love the phone and just want my MM update. I guess it is to much to ask that a phone that is less than a year old get the update in a reasonable time frame I mean it not like MM was released yesterday.

Came someone at AT&T please answer us and not with the generic quote. Thank you.
Message 102 of 131
Mentor

This is becoming a joke. I have had this phone since it was released in love the phone and just want my MM update. I guess it is to much to ask that a phone that is less than a year old get the update in a reasonable time frame I mean it not like MM was released yesterday.

Came someone at AT&T please answer us and not with the generic quote. Thank you.
Message 103 of 131

I hear ya Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 131
Contributor

I think it may be time to go to Verizon, they seem to be on top of it. It's pathetic we can't even get a straight answer on when. Yep, I do believe tomorrow will be the day to call the competition and see what kind of deals they will give me. You all enjoy waiting!
Message 105 of 131
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support