Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

Contributor

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?
Message 19 of 131
Scholar

Re: S6 Marshmellow Updates

I bet T-Mobile gets there out ahead of AT&T after they get all their Bloatware running in Marshmallow.  So not looking for it too soon.  International versions will get it first Maybe March.

Message 15 of 131

Re: S6 Marshmellow Updates

I guess we will see?

Message 16 of 131
Contributor

Re: When will Samsung Galaxy s6 get the marshmallow update?

Ok.  Samsung has now released Marshmallow to the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.  When will AT&T customers get it?  It's been a ridiculously long time already since Marshmallow was released by Google.  How much longer must we wait?  Come on, AT&T ! ! !

Message 17 of 131
ACE - Sage

That's marshmallow....we have marshmallow ala' AT&T, and will have to wait a couple months. 

(And I'm being optimistic)

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 131
ACE - Professor

Re: Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

@jfgroover wrote:
When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?

Unfortunately for those of us who would like to know these things, AT&T does not give advance notice of updates. 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 131
Teacher

Be patient. Surely you want them to fully inspect and trial test all that ATT BLOATWARE they have loaded in there first, right? Let me see, no update yet but you can buy an S7 series phone. Maybe it will be done before we have the S18. Another option is to ask Phil-101. He's the man but watch what you say and how you say it. He's so sensitive and caring too. He has lots of badges. They promoted me to tutor. Now I have to update my resume. Have a nice day.
Message 21 of 131
Teacher

S6 Marshmallow 6.0

When do we get it?
Message 22 of 131
ACE - Expert

Re: S6 Marshmallow 6.0

@YeYe1087

when it comes out...  You read the other threads ATT does not release update schedules.  Im surprised we have not seen any samsung devices get updated.  The G4 is about it at this point.

Message 23 of 131
Contributor

That's it.  I'm done with AT&T they are so miserably slow with their updates, and opaque about it too, I will NEVER buy another phone thru them.  I'm going with the Nexus where the updates come directly from Google and aren't blocked by AT&T for ridiculously long periods of time.  How the heck do they even stay in business?

Message 24 of 131
ACE - Expert

@menkal0s

easy software updates are just that updates.  My s6 edge+ works just fine.  Also sprint seems to be the only one who has updated any other phones besides the note 5 on verizon.  And that note 5 update is riddled with BUGS.

Message 25 of 131
Contributor

Marshmallow Software updates for s6 and note edge

When u guys are going to release marshmallow update for note edge and S6
Message 26 of 131
Scholar

Re: Marshmallow Software updates for s6 and note edge

They won't tell you until after AT&T releases it.  Historically, AT&T is several months behind on updates.

Message 27 of 131

My Note Edge is doing a major software update, including app optimization (so it's likely not just a security update). I don't know how big the download was, but I have my fingers crossed. As soon as it's finished optimizing and boots up I'll know what I have....

Message 28 of 131

Nope. Still 5.1.1. :-\

Message 29 of 131
Voyager

Marshmallow 6. update

Why is att so slow in updating their Samsung Galaxy s6 phones to android marshmallow 6.
Message 30 of 131
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support