Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

Contributor

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?
Message 19 of 131
Contributor

Marshmallow

When is At&t going to roll out the upgrade to marshmallow on the galaxy s6?
Message 1 of 131
ACE - Sage

Re: Marshmallow

It hasn't been rolled out for my international unlocked version, which will get it direct from Samsung first.

ATT doesn't announce updates until released. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 131
ACE - Expert

Sometime this year is about anyone can tell you.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 131
Contributor

When will Samsung Galaxy s6 get the marshmallow update?

Just wondering, patiently waiting...
Message 4 of 131
Community Support

Re: When will Samsung Galaxy s6 get the marshmallow update?

Hello @Eskimomomma

That's a great question!

So far Samsung announced Android Marshmallow beta for S6 and S6 Edge users in the UK last month. No word so far on a release date in the U.S.

We are patiently waiting right along with you.

Thanks,

Michelle

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 131
ACE - Sage

Early 2016 is the word.   But as you know carrier models will be delayed for months.  

My non carrier GS6 would get the update first and has not.   I did receive an update recently, which they often do before the big update.

I have put the phone aside in favor of a pure android 6 experience with a Nexus 6p.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 131
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40

I have a nexus 6p setting on my desk I use it time to time.  I still use samsung pay to much on my edge +.  Android pay is just not ready for prime time.  Neither is apple pay for that matter.

Message 7 of 131
Contributor

Ok i am making payments still on my Note 4... Marshmallow is available for the Note 4 ... But not At&t.... Come on already... the digital world is moving fast. wish i could say AT&T is on the cutting edge.... but hmmmmmm get it together

Message 8 of 131
ACE - Sage

The note 4 isn't even on the top of the list for US release.  I own an international  Galaxy S6, which would get the update before any carrier versions.  

The list of the devices that will get this update first, unsurprisingly, includes some of the most recent devices such as the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge+, the Galaxy S6, S6 Duos and the Galaxy S6 Edge will also be among the first ones to get it. As for last year’s models, the list includes the Galaxy Note 4, Note 4 Duos, Note Edge and the Galaxy Alpha. The only tablet in the list is the Galaxy Tab A, which was announced earlier this year. This doesn’t mean that these devices will be the only ones to get the update as there are some high-end devices that didn’t make the list, such as the more recent Galaxy Tab S2 tablets or the Galaxy A8, but for now, it seems like these will be the ones at the top of the list.

You should expect to wait several months to get an update.

Message 9 of 131

S6 Marshmellow Updates

Anusha V: As per our database, your device operates on Android™ version Android, Lollipop (G890AUCU3BOJE). As of now there are no new updates available to your device and you may expect Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in March first week.

Anusha V: Samsung has announced marshmallow update and it should be released by Carrier in batches for all devices

Anusha V: The carrier will not release the update to all users at a time due to heavy traffic in network. They will release the update in batches.

Anusha V: Should this become available, you will get a notification of update on your device from the Carrier of your device

Message 10 of 131
ACE - Expert

Re: S6 Marshmellow Updates

That's samsung speak for may
Message 11 of 131
Highlighted

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Are you saying we should hear somthing in may from at&t?

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 12 of 131
ACE - Expert

what I am saying is samsung cant give you a date or even a month.  Each rep is going to tell you something different.  No us carrier has released MM on a samsung device unless it shipped with it like the S7.

Message 13 of 131

Well I don't think thats true because last month I asked about MM on my phone and they told me it was not in there system to get anything yet so I had to wait and so this month I tryed again to ask and then they gave me that information that I just posted, but If I can't get MM soon I guess S 7 will do for me Smiley Wink

I really want it on my SG6 phone though because I wanted to test it on that.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 14 of 131
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support